Can anyone recommend a good Manicure Course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitsy

Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone recommend a good manicure course to go on. I was thinking of going with Pronails but can't make my mind up? Thanks :)

your doing the creative foundation arnt you, why not do their spa manicure.

I did the star nails manicure course and found this very good all about conta indications and actions, the skin and the nail plate lots of theory but it should contain all that, theya re on offer at the moment i beleive about £35 but dont know if they run them in your neck of the woods contact capital or sallys and see what theya re running.

where can i find the web addy for star nails manicure course?

IF YOU ARE DOING CREATIVE FOUNDATION STICK WITH THEM AS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

I WAS WITH STAR FOR A LONG TIME AND PRODUCTS DONT TOUCH CREATIVES

sorry i wasnt shouting xx

your right in the products dont but the spa manicure doesnt give you a manicure certificate does it and i thought thsi is what she wanted and although their products are not good the training manual and all is very good.

Its ok i have woken up now lucia

i did read it correct i now know you mean training for manicure im thinking she wanted manicure materials

do they not show you how to do a basic manicure on the foundation course then?????

i must say that is a rather sexy picture of you lucia lol

PMSL if only i looked like that though.

i belive the spa manicure course shows you how to do a manicure but doesnt go into deep detail in regard to skin and nail formation etcc, i think it is more product lead. The master spa manicure does and goes more in depth on anatomy and physiology but ahve to say the star nails course did for day `1. i think from experience you need a good background in manicure and understanding of nails to be able to lead onto enahncements.

Maybe this is just me though.

Im currently doing Beauty Therapy L2 at college on a Saturday morning - we do Manicures, pedicures & lots more - I would recomend it to anyone interested in Nails as aswell as learning lots about nails etc you learn other beauty treatments to add to your services, & as i am learning at college i can decide myself which products to use, good luck, shelley xx

If you have already done the Foundation Course have they not taught you all you need to know about the nail etc. So then if you do the Creative mani/pedi course would it be an extension from that??

BTW I am asking not telling :confused:

julia_james said:
where can i find the web addy for star nails manicure course?

Go onto the capital hair and beauty website and click on 'training' and all details will be on there. the training is £30 but you do have to but the kit too. I did it and was very pleased and i think the products are lovely.
here is a scan of my certificate, I think its nice.

displayimage.php
sorry its not a very good scan!

rjryan said:
If you have already done the Foundation Course have they not taught you all you need to know about the nail etc. So then if you do the Creative mani/pedi course would it be an extension from that??

thats what i was doing as well hun i wasnt positive but i am sure one of the educators will come along and sort us out lol
x

This sounds good I may look into this I have done a short course but would like to learn more how many weeks is it for?

Caz xxx

~shelley~ said:
Im currently doing Beauty Therapy L2 at college on a Saturday morning - we do Manicures, pedicures & lots more - I would recomend it to anyone interested in Nails as aswell as learning lots about nails etc you learn other beauty treatments to add to your services, & as i am learning at college i can decide myself which products to use, good luck, shelley xx

Ooh yes I hope somebody can shed some light because I am a bit confused now! I am just in the middle of doing my creative foundation course and was already planning on doing the creative spa manicure course in the new year.
Do you think I should do another manicure course before that because I want to be fully qualified to perform manicures?

caz3 said:
This sounds good I may look into this I have done a short course but would like to learn more how many weeks is it for?

Caz xxx
Hiya, its over 30ish weeks but you do have homework & practice every week - At my college my tutor is doing one unit such as manicure then doing the tests/obsevations etc so that if anyone leaves the course for whatever reason they will be qualified in the things they have done & be able to pick it up again easily - which i think is brilliant!! Ive been to the GMEX with college & i am doing an extra course in ST Tropez tanning on 30th Nov & also a dermologica (sp?) Course in Dec - im really enjoying it, ive dont Manis, pedis & eyelash/brow treatments so far - as i said before i would highly recomend it, Shelley x

rjryan said:

Thats what I would like to know, you have put it better than me LOL!

Lets hope someone can tell us???

~shelley~ said:
Hiya, its over 30ish weeks but you do have homework & practice every week - At my college my tutor is doing one unit such as manicure then doing the tests/obsevations etc so that if anyone leaves the course for whatever reason they will be qualified in the things they have done & be able to pick it up again easily - which i think is brilliant!! Ive been to the GMEX with college & i am doing an extra course in ST Tropez tanning on 30th Nov & also a dermologica (sp?) Course in Dec - im really enjoying it, ive dont Manis, pedis & eyelash/brow treatments so far - as i said before i would highly recomend it, Shelley x

Thanks if you do not mind me asking how much did you pay for this course?

Also do I have to be qualified in Beauty first?

What do I call the course if I phone up a collage and ask if they do it?

Caz xxx

caz3 said:
Thanks if you do not mind me asking how much did you pay for this course?

Also do I have to be qualified in Beauty first?

What do I call the course if I phone up a collage and ask if they do it?

Caz xxx
Hiya, its part time Beauty therapy NVQ L2, The cost of the course depends on your circumstances etc, no you do not have to be qualified in Beauty Just have an interest in it,

Latest posts

Back