Can lighting make much difference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohh I'm so glad this thread has helped people.. I've been one of those who reads and doesn't actually buy but thought seeing side by side pics might actually help as I was so shocked by the difference :)

Thanks Emily S for sharing, I am waiting for mine to arrive, I'd rather buy something that has been recommended

Thanks Emily S for sharing, I am waiting for mine to arrive, I'd rather buy something that has been recommended
I'm sure you'll be impressed x

I have also been pondering over lamps and I saw similar to these but was worried that the LED bulbs would start to cure the gel? Anyone had any issues with this? Can vividly remember my tutor warning against these lights??
Those nails look amazing btw!! What brand do you use if u don't mind me asking?

I have also been pondering over lamps and I saw similar to these but was worried that the LED bulbs would start to cure the gel? Anyone had any issues with this? Can vividly remember my tutor warning against these lights??
Those nails look amazing btw!! What brand do you use if u don't mind me asking?
Haven't had any issues, there's no UV light so I'd imagine that all will be ok?

I use all CND products, thank you :)

My light arrived today! Along with a clip on macro lense that had good reviews.. On your lamps, does the bulb take up the whole of the "leaf" that lights up?! Mine looks like this.. And I feel as though the whole "leaf" "bar" bit of it should light up?!
image.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/struckbyastar87/Mobile Uploads/image.jpeg X

Ohh no looks like it's faulty :(
Yeah, I just had to check I wasn't being stupid! I was so excited too, as Thursday I get my hands on my first victim (read model lol) to practice L+P on and the light is just what I want so I have a really good light to see in my room! Also to help my photos look better! Never used Amazon's returns service before so fingers crossed it's a quick turnaround! x

Hi. Can anyone confirm that these lights won't cure other led gel polish other than shellac?

Hi. Can anyone confirm that these lights won't cure other led gel polish other than shellac?
They've been absolutely fine for me. No issues at all.

Just a quick one ladies - I orders this funky little rechargeable clip on light from Amazon for £9.50 :)

It doesn't provide a massive amount of light but certainly a big help if you get stuck and work mobile. It is wireless but comes with a usb for recharging and folds away tiny :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454701706.290071.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454701731.082369.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454701754.659607.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454701754.659607.jpg
    742.3 KB · Views: 31
My second lamp arrived today. Took it out the box, it all lit up fine! Turned it off, sorted my stuff out to practise and... The bulb nearest the neck isn't working...! So upset, I really need a boost to my practise as these smile lines are really getting to me now and all I have to practise on is the stupid nail trainer or myself and I've already done, soaked off and redone mine :(

sorry, rant over. x

My second lamp arrived today. Took it out the box, it all lit up fine! Turned it off, sorted my stuff out to practise and... The bulb nearest the neck isn't working...! So upset, I really need a boost to my practise as these smile lines are really getting to me now and all I have to practise on is the stupid nail trainer or myself and I've already done, soaked off and redone mine :(

sorry, rant over. x

Guess what...me too!
My lamp arrived yesterday........ all excited:D...... plugged it in......
Bulb nearest the neck NOT WORKING!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I got one from Amazon and I love it! Pics now show the true colour and glitters look great and it is so much better to work with but it did cost a lot. Clients think it looks good too [emoji4]

I got one from Amazon and I love it! Pics now show the true colour and glitters look great and it is so much better to work with but it did cost a lot. Clients think it looks good too [emoji4]
What lamp did you get? I don't think I can face ordering another one from this Neon Mart to have the same problem again!!!

What lamp did you get? I don't think I can face ordering another one from this Neon Mart to have the same problem again!!!
I bought this one but it was £82 when I got it grrrrr!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455213155.699113.jpg

I bought this one but it was £82 when I got it grrrrr!
Yeah but if you HADN'T bought it, I bet it would have gone up in price!! Just see it as a done deal now :) It is very pretty :) just too steep for my self/un-employed training budget! x

Yeah but if you HADN'T bought it, I bet it would have gone up in price!! Just see it as a done deal now :) It is very pretty :) just too steep for my self/un-employed training budget! x
It is expensive but I wish I'd bought one when is finished my training what a difference they make!

Guess what...me too!
My lamp arrived yesterday........ all excited:D...... plugged it in......
Bulb nearest the neck NOT WORKING!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
How annoying, did you both buy from the link I gave in the first post? :(

Mine wasn't working one of the days and I was fuming.... Only to realise my electric had gone :o :D

Latest posts

Back