Can medication effect gel extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emk32

Reaction score
As the title...I did a set of gel nails yesterday using brisa sculpting gel and followed my normally procedure. Prep, scrub fresh, tips. 1 thin layer of gel, builder layer of gel, filed around and top coat. I have received a message from the lady saying that 6 has pinged off. I said I will go and see tomorrow and put right and apologised. This doesn't normally happen to me...granted I mainly do shellac than gel extensions. When I arrived the last has had major surgery 3 weeks ago and still in pain on medication which I know includes morphine. Could this b a factor of the nails coming off. I haven't said anything to her as yet about medication because I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses.

If anyone can help I would b much appreciated so I can have some info before I go and see her.

Yes, medication can cause service breakdown but from what i learnt many years ago, it is mainly just heart medication. That could have well and truly changed since then though

Ok thanks for your reply

Yes medications can effect wear of nail coatings.. Has she recently had a change in medication and now having problems with her nails lasting since?... I work in the pharmacy at Boots so if you don't get a proper answer by Saturday if you can find out exactly what she takes I'll ask my pharmacist if that could be the culprit, although for me personally I've never had problems with Brisa as long as the nail was correctly prepared and the structure built properly, in my opinion it's the best gel system around :) x

This is the first time I have done the ladies nails as she always goes to a cheap salon and has acrylics. She had a ridge in her nails from the electric file that has been used in the past and also made a comment she picks her nails off. As she is house bound at the moment due to her serious operation (3 weeks ago) and is still recovering and still seems in a lot of pain. She took morphine before I done her nails so that's the only medication I no the name of. So that's what makes matters worse as I've never done her nails before and within 24 hours 6 have come off...so feel embarrassed and have offered to sort it out tomorrow.

I always thought that hormones could effect it, by making the nails beds too oily. I had a lady that had issues in her first trimester of pregnancy and also another client who had her contraceptive changed and in the first few weeks had problems. Both were fine again after. I was also previously advised that a certain thyroid medication can make a difference too :)

Latest posts

Back