Can someone retrain me in spray tanning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainelola

Reaction score
Hi
I've actually been qualified to do spray tanning for nearly a year but for one reason or another I haven't done any spray tanning. After reading threads about streaks and armpits going green it put me off even more. :eek:
Therefore I'm not actively pushing spray tanning and have totally lost my confidence. I have the whole kit but it hasn't been touched. I don't want to go back to the Carlton Institute where I trained. I need someone with patience who can help me one to one. As it is, the technique we were shown on the course is nothing like he handbook we got.

I need to really get a grip and do this and earn more money. Some of you love it, with fantastic results. I need some of your enthusiasm. Help :cry:
xx

Or should I stop being a wuss and just get on with it.

Get yourself a few friends round who know you want to practice and go for it.

I'm sure once you get going you'll remember it all and you'll do a fab job.

The green armpits is just from clients wearing deoderant and it washes off with the guide and does not affect the result of the tan so dont worry about that. Streaks and patches are a different story but are again usually from the client not following pre-tan advice.

If they follow your pre-tan instructions and you take your time and ensure you spray all the body I'm sure your tans will turn out fabulous. You only need to produce a few good tans and you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about.

I'm sure you know what to do and you'll do just fantastically. Your just allowing fear to get in the way. Go for it, I'm sure you wont regret it.

I find youtube have good videos to show you how to spray tan, try and get a few people to practice on first as it might come back to you xxx

Get yourself a few friends round who know you want to practice and go for it.

I'm sure once you get going you'll remember it all and you'll do a fab job.

The green armpits is just from clients wearing deoderant and it washes off with the guide and does not affect the result of the tan so dont worry about that. Streaks and patches are a different story but are again usually from the client not following pre-tan advice.

If they follow your pre-tan instructions and you take your time and ensure you spray all the body I'm sure your tans will turn out fabulous. You only need to produce a few good tans and you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about.

I'm sure you know what to do and you'll do just fantastically. Your just allowing fear to get in the way. Go for it, I'm sure you wont regret it.

All very true! When i first started i did 2 weeks of free tans using the solution i had free with my kit, hands were a big thing for me but after trying a few techniques i can do them perfectly :) i found a clip on youtube by fakebake very helpful and helped me with hands. I still worry that the tans going to turn out awful but they keep coming back and im worrying for nothing, so get yourself tanning friends and family and youll soon get it spot on and dont give up :) xxx

If your in London, I'll help you. Im not a professional trainer, but I am qualified in spray tanning and I am confident in what I do and also very patient as a train as part of my day job!

If not, Sienna x do a refresher course, if that's any help?

I think it's also a fab idea to practise on some friends...you will pick it up again in no time! :) x

Happy to help, Lorraine!
I'm PTLLS trained too.

Hi Lorraine

I'm based in Oxfordshire and a trainer for Tantrick/Organics etc. I'm happy to give you my time foc, PM me if interested.

Jackie

Latest posts

Back