Can you go swimming?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
Hi peeps, i was just wondering if you can go swimming after having l&p done. I have a client tomorow morning needing a rebalance and she asked on the phone if her nails would be ok when she went swimming tomorow afternoon. I wanted to make sure before answering her question. Will this be ok? thanks.x

Yes she can go swimming - make sure she applies a nice generous coat of Solar Oil afterwards just to combat any possible drying effects of the chorine, they will be fine :D

Trin
xx

Yep you can swim, I do about 3 to 4 times a week and have worn both L&P and gel and find both stay on really well. I would agree with Trinitynails with the solar oil especially if the chlorine in the pool is strong.

But i thought that they take upto 24/48 hrs to fully cure....does this not affect them then? either gel or L&P

louge said:
Yep you can swim, I do about 3 to 4 times a week and have worn both L&P and gel and find both stay on really well. I would agree with Trinitynails with the solar oil especially if the chlorine in the pool is strong.

Thanks all for clarifying that! xx

mamma said:
But i thought that they take upto 24/48 hrs to fully cure....does this not affect them then? either gel or L&P
i think it means they are more vunerable to breakages through knocks and bangs more than anything..in the first 24-48 hours

mamma said:

This cure time is for Liquid and Powder, depending on factors such as mix ratio. gel is cured (assuming lamp etc is working correctly) in the time it spends under the lamp.. Hence why it can heat spike, a lot of reaction packed into short time span.

Even with liquid and powder water will not interupt the final cure, however water being the universal solvent it will have a slight drying effect. ;)

Latest posts

Back