Can you use cuticle remover before nail extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not have citrus soak or anything similiar to this either, what will work then, will plain ole water do ok?

Thanks,

aj

I was told by Tracy Leja that yes, water is the key thing for 'de-activating' and removing the remanants of cuticle remover, but then I know some other geeks have been told otherwise.

That said, I'm sure even so, that soap/other handwash and water would do the same as Citrusoak and Water.

It would be interesting if a Creative Educator could comfirm

I was told on course that I shouldn’t have used it.

I am still new to this, and I think maybe that is problem for my acrylic lifting, as I don’t think I can prepare it the same with just pushing back cuticles dry like I was taught. Will try using cuticle remover today before I do my nails and see if that helps.

I don't use cuticle remover as it can cause lifting in some clients, I've always used cuticle pusher trimmed them and I've been fine xxx

If youre going to use one use a water based one. Not oil based. That's what I was told recently on a gelish refresher course. They recommend doing it dry but if you want to use one I think the one they recommended was sanicuti or something like that.

You can use a cuticle remover prior to application but you must ensure that all traces are removed from the nail plate first. I use CND Cuticle Erase and this requires it to be rinsed with water and dried prior to proceeding with the rest of the prep.

You can also perform a dry manicure, but just be careful that you still remove ALL non living tissue from the nail plate and that you don't scratch or damage the surface in the process.

Latest posts

Back