Cancellations galore!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemmaBeauty

Reaction score
I can't believe how many cancellations I've had over the past 3 weeks. Is it just because it's the summer / school holidays?

I have a 24 hour cancellation policy in place and I take deposits, but most have contacted me 25 hours before asking for their deposit back o_O highly frustrating!!
I had one person this week say they couldn't come but then show up!
And I've also have an abundance of rescheduling. Never spent so much time trying to sort appointments. Feel like I've worked extra hard this month but my expected income keeps declining!!

Anyone else finding this??

I had a No Show yesterday for infill's... Kinda pee'd off. I need to start taking deposits... Over the last week I am quite a bit short.

I think unfortunatley its just because of the 6 weeks holidays its hit and miss with the kids been off first 2 weeks ive been absolutley dead cancalation after canacalation and then laat week and this week absolutley rushed off my feet try not to worry about it im a hairdresser and have had the same thing happen to me but soon as kids go back we will be on the homerun to r busyiest time soo try not to worry xx

I think unfortunatley its just because of the 6 weeks holidays its hit and miss with the kids been off first 2 weeks ive been absolutley dead cancalation after canacalation and then laat week and this week absolutley rushed off my feet try not to worry about it im a hairdresser and have had the same thing happen to me but soon as kids go back we will be on the homerun to r busyiest time soo try not to worry xx

Hello! I'm new to the community and - full disclosure - I work for a company that has salons as clients, but from what I've seen August can be a tough time to nail down customers, especially if they have school-aged children.

Sorry for the plug, but I feel like it's relevant here... our appointment reminder app might be able to help. Customers like it because they can confirm or reschedule via text or email, and that can help you plan further ahead and save your business money.

I've been quieter the last couple of weeks and several moving appointments around and cancellations.
Kids have just returned to school today here and I've had 7 appointments booked this afternoon lol.

I honestly have no Idea how you are quiet [emoji15]
Summer months are the super busy with regulars adding Pedicure to their usual manicures and lots of new clients...
I have 48 hour cancellation policy which gives me more time to fill the gaps in my diary and I use Ovatu.com with a reminder messages 48hours before...
...I am very busy...if a client can't make their appointment, most likely they will have to go somewhere else unless they are happy to wait for extra 2 weeks...

I have had busy weeks, then this week!

Had the extra pedicures for the holiday goers, even had a few extra new faces, then this week went wrong!

I intended to enrol on some more courses, Eyelash Lift, HD Brows, Hopi Ear Candling and Facials, but I have been halted in booking them due to these cancellations!

Hopefully next week is a better week, I only have a few spaces left and most people booked in are my regular clients.

I know how frustrating it can be...just use your gaps somehow...nice big cup of coffee or plan your social media...
Fingers crossed for no cancelations for you next week [emoji5]️

I think a lot of mums are skint, fed up & frazzled :(

Loads of rescheduling the past 3 weeks that gets on my tits, but i have a fortnight wait to get back in so people dont really cancel unless they really really have too.

Im so knackard I like the odd cancellation right now- cuppa & wee time that i dont usually get lol! Xx

Latest posts

Back