Cancellations!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hadil

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I need your help! I'm a mobile beauty therapist and my business is now taking off which I'm pleased about. An issue that I'm having is that recently clients have been cancelling bookings quite last minute, one has even cancelled as I've got to the house (nightmare!) I don't want to charge a cancellation fee as I think it's a bit too early but what can I post to social media/ clients booking in to put the message across to let me know more in advance about cancelling, without sounding bitter etc? NB I send a confirmation message the day before each client. I'm at my wits end.

What about the ones that have cancelled more than three times just say I need to take a deposit to secure your booking as a few appointments have been cancelled if that's okay aim it at the customers that are letting you down at least they will realise and not do it again or you may worse case loose them at least this way your targeting the serial offenders and not the majority of loyal customers? Xx

This is where your consultation form at the start of every new apt with every new client must have your policies set

I.e. Less than 48 hours cancellation notice you charge full price

Less that 48 hours reschedule you add £15 to the treatment

No shows charged at full price

Then they sign the form and that makes the legal contract between you and your client and means that you both know where you stand

This is his I run my business with no probs

These are great ladies, thank you! To start off I think I'll go with what elegance nails suggested but Frankie I'm going to do that once if established a good client base. I'm so glad I found you guys :) happy new year xx

There's no harm in gentle reminders whenever you post something on social media. For example, you could be mentioning a new package or special you're running for the month, but add "Please allow at least 48 hours notice if you need to reschedule your appointment".

Previously, I used to spend my mornings calling and texting clients 2-3 days before their appointment to confirm they're still coming. No harm in it - I'm a serial forgetter as well, so I love it when other businesses do it to me.

I always take small not refundable deposit, serious clients won't mind paying.

Www.shedul.com is an online booking system that reminds your clients 48 hrs prior too there appointments with emails and texts xxx

I would ask for a small non refundable deposit.

For me the amount of non refundable deposit taken depends on the value of the booking/treatments booked/location of where I wold have to travel too, so if the booking value is £110 and 15 miles away , I would ask for a 50% non refundable deposit.

If the booking was £50 and loca to me, I would maybe ask for £15 non refundable deposit and so on ...

I found in forcing cancellation charges are like nailing jelly to the wall! It's impossible!!! So it best to get the money (non refundable deposit) up front:)

Latest posts

Back