Can't find anyone who can do balayage well, need advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshlas

Reaction score
I've tried countless salons and nobody does it well, I'm always disappointed, I sometimes wonder should I start again. Is it that new salons are picking up on old salons work.....I really want to stay with my latest salon very high reviews pictures of work fantastic but mine isn't I've put some pics on in hope I could pass some tips on from yourselves.

I always seem to get the line...thankfully it's underneath, my colourist has told me it will take 3 attempts to get to the colour I want but because the colour is so icy white I'm worried that any flaws will show up even more against my dark hair.

Sorry so long I'm just struggling now and need to preserve with new salon but need tips to pass on lol.

Thanks

Pictures attached of my hair and what I'd like to get too x

Attachments

• IMG-20170507-WA0021_1.jpg
    IMG-20170507-WA0021_1.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG-20170507-WA0024_1.jpg
    IMG-20170507-WA0024_1.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG-20170507-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20170507-WA0017.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_2017-05-05-09-54-32.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-05-09-54-32.png
    687.5 KB · Views: 102
I went dark last year and decided a few weeks ago I needed blonde back in my life. My stylist managed to give me exactly what I wanted! I was pretty dark and it wasn't a problem.

I also cut off 10-12 inches. I am very pleased with her work for the challenge I presented her with! I will try to find a picture of my hair before this.

Attachments

• 1494182797698.jpg
    1494182797698.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 1494182817147.jpg
    1494182817147.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 90
This is how dark it was, with reddish throughout.

Attachments

• 1494183251232.jpg
    1494183251232.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 81
Wish I could get to Calgary lol I have a friend in Saskatoon I'll be visiting one day soon lol. Really like what has been done colour great and no line's.....I realise I have to build up colour but I have been bleaching hair 16 months now plus I feel I don't have the balayage effect.

Biljana you definitely suit blonde better

Biljana you definitely suit blonde better
I am naturally dark, been having blonde done since I was a teenager! Saved all my babysitting money to see a professional stylist to have the proper blonde. Mucked it all up going after Crimson Red for Canada Day celebration *gasp* The stylist died it back to my normal brown but the red just kept popping back out, sigh... Then I found my current stylist and she kicks butt. Never will I be anything but blonde :)

I've tried countless salons and nobody does it well, I'm always disappointed, I sometimes wonder should I start again. Is it that new salons are picking up on old salons work.....I really want to stay with my latest salon very high reviews pictures of work fantastic but mine isn't I've put some pics on in hope I could pass some tips on from yourselves.

I always seem to get the line...thankfully it's underneath, my colourist has told me it will take 3 attempts to get to the colour I want but because the colour is so icy white I'm worried that any flaws will show up even more against my dark hair.

Sorry so long I'm just struggling now and need to preserve with new salon but need tips to pass on lol.

Thanks
Have you gone back to your current salon and showed them these demarcation lines? You're correct in feeling that they could be blended more softly. I'd advise go back x

Have you gone back to your current salon and showed them these demarcation lines? You're correct in feeling that they could be blended more softly. I'd advise go back x

Yes went back I was told it was because my hair was so dark and trying to get really blonde....which I know is incorrect! Toner applied and made no difference! Don't think I can go back the third time lol....so back to the drawing board!

Latest posts

Back