CCO?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CCO isn't a pro brand, like blue sky etc. So I don't think you'll hear anything great about it on here, they try not to promote those kind of products! Sorry I'm not much help but just a heads up xx
I can't comment on CCO, but Bluesky is used my professional salons and academy trainers across the UK, and we now run accredited training courses. You may have got an inferior product. I haven't tried CCO myself. If you're using a UV lamp 2 mins for the base coat may be worth a try.
A lot of techs have observed that removal often takes a long time with these brands. But it is hard to tell if this is a result of the quality of the products or of skills of the people using it. However, the higher amount of cheaper photo initiators used in these products tend to make them harder to remove.

Here, BS and CCO are considered counterfeit brands - not my opinion, but a legal designation. They use the graphic identity of other brands to deceive techs, clients, and others about what they are purchasing. They even used the trademarked names of Shellac and Gelish until they were sued to make them stop. They have been confiscated at trade shows. They do still use the bottle design and color names of the known brands. Additionally, there have been issues about the availability of MSDS, insurability, animal cruelty, and allergic reactions. And many techs do not like that it is sold on eBay to anyone. It is generally not considered a professional product. These brands do not offer the associated products like removers, conditioners, or lamps; they simply skim off the most profitable part of the industry. They do not provide any marketing support, education or training, or customer support. They do not advertise in professional media. You are on your own with them.

From a business perspective, you must also remember that product cost is actually only a small part of your prices, usually less than 7-8%, so choosing cheap products has little impact on your costs and can cost you by marking you as a less than professional and even NSS salon. I used to work with borderline NSS salons in improving their business. The very first thing we did was get rid of dodgy products, including counterfeits. The results were consistently good - a very positive response from existing clients and an increase new clients.

I know some techs use BS and CCO and are satisfied. We each have the right and the responsibility to make choices for our business and our clients. We should also consider how our choices impact the industry, since ultimately we can only rise and fall with the industry. Personally, I choose not to use counterfeit products because I believe they undermine my hard-earned professionalism and the professionalism of the nail industry.

Sorry to be so long winded on this. I do think it is an important issue.
Hi
Some good points there. To correct you on a few. MSDS are available for Bluesky, and many salons and academy teachers in colleges in the UK use the gel polish. Several of our academy teachers with up to 20 years experience say it is the best product on the market. We are trying to rectify the poor image that has built up over the past few years, and have just launched Bluesky UK Training School with accredited Bluesky gel polish Diploma and Certificate courses across the UK. We have also been invited to trade shows and I'm running a business seminar at the Wales Beauty Show in May this year. I agree about the marketing, it has been non existent, which is why we set up Bluesky UK.

They don't really give too much info and for £30?? Could be wrong though, who knows [emoji16]
Hi. The online part of the Diploma covers the theory. It is £30 and consists of 11 hours study and a 70 page manual with 7 modules of study covering manicure and pedicure. There is a further 7 hours required with a qualified and experienced teacher who then assesses the student and awards the qualification, or not. The courses are fully accredited by the Beauty Guild in the UK and are valid for insurance purposes.

I also love bluesky! Seems to last a lot longer than when I have had CND shellac. I think it's great that you can offer your clients a selection of nail brands! X
Thanks. We love Bluesky too. We developed the training courses because quite frankly, we were getting fed up with all the enquiries about insurance - which is VALID with our courses! :)

Thanks. We love Bluesky too. We developed the training courses because quite frankly, we were getting fed up with all the enquiries about insurance - which is VALID with our courses! :)

Hi Michaela,

While we have your attention, are you able to confirm why Bluesky replicate the product names & colours of CND Shellac? And also if, and why CND pep products are used on your training courses and why CND promotional images are clearly displayed in the background of your own promotional images?!

As you say you are trying to rectify your bad reputation, would it not be worth Bluesky starting by building and developing their 'own' image rather than duplicating that of others?!

Thanks,
Helen X

I can't comment on CCO, but Bluesky is used my professional salons and academy trainers across the UK, and we now run accredited training courses. You may have got an inferior product. I haven't tried CCO myself. If you're using a UV lamp 2 mins for the base coat may be worth a try.

Hi
Some good points there. To correct you on a few. MSDS are available for Bluesky, and many salons and academy teachers in colleges in the UK use the gel polish. Several of our academy teachers with up to 20 years experience say it is the best product on the market. We are trying to rectify the poor image that has built up over the past few years, and have just launched Bluesky UK Training School with accredited Bluesky gel polish Diploma and Certificate courses across the UK. We have also been invited to trade shows and I'm running a business seminar at the Wales Beauty Show in May this year. I agree about the marketing, it has been non existent, which is why we set up Bluesky UK.

I appreciate that Bluesky is acknowledging and trying to rectify its bad image. I hope it is successful. But it must be recognized that that bad image is the direct result of its previous bad decisions that continue today (like selling directly to consumers on eBay, copying other brands' graphic identity and trademarks, not having associated products, etc), and the very first thing that should be corrected is the use of another brand's graphic identity. Bluesky continues to use the designs of CND as well as the colours and colour names of Shellac on its bottles. And as Helen noted, it still uses CND promotional material, and even the word Shellac in its website. It also uses CND prep products in training and advertising. The Bluesky MSDS is not available on the website, while it is easily available for legitimate brands. Bottom line, as long as Bluesy continues to rely upon other brands for product identity, it will be nothing more than a counterfeit brand. Others are free to do as they please (and will!), but I cannot recommend it for a professional nail tech until some very fundamental things about Bluesky are changed.

Hi Michaela,

While we have your attention, are you able to confirm why Bluesky replicate the product names & colours of CND Shellac? And also if, and why CND pep products are used on your training courses and why CND promotional images are clearly displayed in the background of your own promotional images?!

As you say you are trying to rectify your bad reputation, would it not be worth Bluesky starting by building and developing their 'own' image rather than duplicating that of others?!

Thanks,
Helen X
Thanks Helen. The photographs that we are using are at real academies, and we do not stipulate what products they buy or where they buy from. Nor do we insist that nail technicians only use Bluesky once qualified. We are very happy for them to buy from you at Sweet Squared. The students are, however trained using Bluesky gel polishes and our training kits are all Bluesky products. There are unfortunately some rogue suppliers in the marketplace. We do not pretend to be any other than Bluesky, as we are confident enough in the products that we at Bluesky UK sell. Good questions, though. Thank you!

I appreciate that Bluesky is acknowledging and trying to rectify its bad image. I hope it is successful. But it must be recognized that that bad image is the direct result of its previous bad decisions that continue today (like selling directly to consumers on eBay, copying other brands' graphic identity and trademarks, not having associated products, etc), and the very first thing that should be corrected is the use of another brand's graphic identity. Bluesky continues to use the designs of CND as well as the colours and colour names of Shellac on its bottles. And as Helen noted, it still uses CND promotional material, and even the word Shellac in its website. It also uses CND prep products in training and advertising. The Bluesky MSDS is not available on the website, while it is easily available for legitimate brands. Bottom line, as long as Bluesy continues to rely upon other brands for product identity, it will be nothing more than a counterfeit brand. Others are free to do as they please (and will!), but I cannot recommend it for a professional nail tech until some very fundamental things about Bluesky are changed.
There are a number of different suppliers of Bluesky. The fact that it is called by the name Bluesky means it isn't a counterfeit brand. None of our bottles say 'shellac' either. I shall contact the website manager to make sure the MSDS are more readily available. Incidentally, Gelish MSDS don't seem to be available on their site. I am not asking you to recommend it to nail technicians, because the fact that our courses have been accredited by the Beauty Guild, and VTCT teachers recommend using Bluesky gel polish is enough for us. I have had six enquiries from academies wanting to run our programme just this morning. Which is great!

There are a number of different suppliers of Bluesky. The fact that it is called by the name Bluesky means it isn't a counterfeit brand. None of our bottles say 'shellac' either. I shall contact the website manager to make sure the MSDS are more readily available. Incidentally, Gelish MSDS don't seem to be available on their site. I am not asking you to recommend it to nail technicians, because the fact that our courses have been accredited by the Beauty Guild, and VTCT teachers recommend using Bluesky gel polish is enough for us. I have had six enquiries from academies wanting to run our programme just this morning. Which is great!

The Gelish MSDS are readily available from the Gelish site. This is on the UK site from the front page - http://www.nailharmonyuk.co.uk/material-safety-data-sheets.html

Is this your product? http://www.blueskynail.com. It still has Shellac on the bottles. If not, please direct us to your website.

Attachments

• blueskymix.JPG
    blueskymix.JPG
    646.7 KB · Views: 82

I've seen your bottles say shellac.

1. What prep products do you use on the training?
2. Will you continue to sell direct to anyone on eBay and groupon and Facebook?

Haha Krum you make me howl..always got something negative to say [emoji23]
LOVE that Michaela has commented because I absolutely love bluesky! [emoji119] xxx

Haha Krum you make me howl..always got something negative to say [emoji23]
LOVE that Michaela has commented because I absolutely love bluesky! [emoji119] xxx
Just because someone has a different opinion from you doesn't mean it's ok to make personal comments.

Just because someone has a different opinion from you doesn't mean it's ok to make personal comments.

Agree. I was trying to think how to word it myself. Mikala you're on the verge of rudeness now.

Agree. I was trying to think how to word it myself. Mikala you're on the verge of rudeness now.
How was that personal? It's ok when I'm being told I'm not a professional nail tech because of what I use though isn't it, just because you all hate bluesky!

I think the majority of people would actually be quite interested in the answers to Krum's questions. I don't see how that makes anyone howl? We are talking about a brand that people don't feel confident in because they copy other brands and sell on eBay. There's nothing wrong with asking these questions. I personally feel Bliuesky are making a mockery of professional brands with their amateur training course of I am honest.

I think the majority of people would actually be quite interested in the answers to Krum's questions. I don't see how that makes anyone howl? We are talking about a brand that people don't feel confident in because they copy other brands and sell on eBay. There's nothing wrong with asking these questions. I personally feel Bliuesky are making a mockery of professional brands with their amateur training course of I am honest.

They are entirely! They've obviously managed to make enough money out of their replica product that NOW they are trying to take the professional approach and act like a genuine, industry aware, professional company. All a little to late for me, damage is done :/ xxx

wow...been away so just read all these posts now. Thanks for all your info ladies. Guess its all just personal preference. Some valid points about counterfeits, happens in every industry unfortunately. I personally found CCO thick and gloopy to apply and hard to remove. I followed the manufacturers instructions. Never mind, I went with IBD in the end and I like it! Its smooth, so looked much nicer, not so bulky. It lasted 3weeks and removed much easier. Also loads of colour choices and reasonably priced as this isn't my full time job, although I am qualified.

wow...been away so just read all these posts now. Thanks for all your info ladies. Guess its all just personal preference. Some valid points about counterfeits, happens in every industry unfortunately. I personally found CCO thick and gloopy to apply and hard to remove. I followed the manufacturers instructions. Never mind, I went with IBD in the end and I like it! Its smooth, so looked much nicer, not so bulky. It lasted 3weeks and removed much easier. Also loads of colour choices and reasonably priced as this isn't my full time job, although I am qualified.
That's great - and it's a pro only brand x

Hi. I am sorry you feel negative about Bluesky. Given the behaviour of some of the distributors I am not really surprised. We are Bluesky UK. Our website is www.blueskyuk.world. We are professional and experienced business people with high standards. We are distributors for Bluesky. The products, like many beauty products are made in China, and have been properly vetted by us. If you would like to take a look at our course to reassure yourself of the high standards that it met to be accredited for 25 CPD points with the Beauty Guild I will give you free access if in return you write an honest and objective view of the material when you have completed it. Thanks. Michaela

Hello Krum. None of our bottles say 'shellac'. Our website is www.blueskyuk.world. We are distributors of Bluesky in the UK and cannot comment on another distributor. We are bringing professional standards to the selling and distribution on Bluesky. We use Bluesky primer, cuticle oil, base and top coats (matte and gloss), and Bluesky removal pads for our training. Bluesky UK does not sell on eBay, Groupon of Amazon for the very reasons you have highlighted. We actually got the sellers on Groupon removed recently. Sadly, you will find all the brands on Ebay - it's what happens in a free market. We also believe in freedom of choice. I guess we're a bit like Marmite. Personally, I prefer a plate of olives and a G&T, but only on days ending in Y!

Hi. I am sorry you feel negative about Bluesky. Given the behaviour of some of the distributors I am not really surprised. We are Bluesky UK. Our website is www.blueskyuk.world. We are professional and experienced business people with high standards. We are distributors for Bluesky. The products, like many beauty products are made in China, and have been properly vetted by us. If you would like to take a look at our course to reassure yourself of the high standards that it met to be accredited for 25 CPD points with the Beauty Guild I will give you free access if in return you write an honest and objective view of the material when you have completed it. Thanks. Michaela

Hi Michaela, the website you linked looks good to me. I'd be interested further in the year to gain 25CPD points. It dosen't state how much the day costs, only that it will cost extra. Also where is it held at?

Latest posts

Back