Chair renting questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tess Warwick

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a very established business (12 years) and I'm at an age when I would like to start winding my hours down.
I would have an opportunity for at least one 'chair rent'. The only problem that I have is how to do it ...

I have questions like:
Do you agree terms on a contact level?
How do you 'divvi' up casual trade?
Who provides what?
Do you allow opening on days that you would normally be closed i.e. Sunday, Monday?
Does the chair renter get a key?
How do you work card payments?
Who provides stock?
How do you make sure you don't have 'empty days'?
Do they have to give notice and how do you avoid gaps between renters?

I have loads of questions.

Can anyone fill me in please?
Thank you :)

Sometimes the answers will differ due to certain things etc

Do you agree terms on a contact level? Definitely get it all written down and agreed to.

How do you 'divvi' up casual trade? Normally walk ins are the salons, chair rentals bring in their own clients.

Who provides what? Depends upon the contract, we include everything apart from stock, free use of the laundry, wifi etc.

Do you allow opening on days that you would normally be closed i.e. Sunday, Monday? Depends on the contract, but the more days the more rent.

Does the chair renter get a key? Yes for us, but no key means someone needs to be there to open and close up.

How do you work card payments? We don't, the card machine is for the salon only. They can do cards via PayPal and other means via their phone.

Who provides stock? If it's just weekly rent, they do. If it's commission, normally you do, but depends upon the percentage of commission.

How do you make sure you don't have 'empty days'? Chair rentals have to do that themselves not the salon. They have to promote themselves just like the salon does.

Do they have to give notice. Just like renting a house, yes, on a 6 month rental agreement I'd want a 8 week notice of leaving or me terminating the agreement, so we can look for another renter

Hope it helps alittle.

That all really helps.

One more question if I may ...
How do you get your chair renters?

Thanks agai,
Tess

That all really helps.

One more question if I may ...
How do you get your chair renters?

Thanks agai,
Tess
Facebook, our salon window, in here, local shops, banners on private railings ( with permission) word of mouth

Latest posts

Back