Change towels, keep or couch roll

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyyt03

Reaction score
hello,
Iv been working in a salon and every time a client comes in we don't change the towels. (Sounds awful saying it out loud but it's what my boss does)
My question is when do you change towels or iv been to some salons that use a whole line of couch roll down the beauty bed. What do you practice ?
I am now going on my own so want to be 100% hygienic and proffesional
Tia

I use clean towels for everyone at home, and ask them to use one of theirs when mobile.
But I guess it depends on your cost and time and also on your treatment list. I only do nails so a couch roll wouldn't suit me.
How much is a couch roll and how many clients will it serve?
Then calculate for that number of clients your cost for clean towels. Are you going to clean and iron them or are you going to have them done somewhere?
That's the financial choice.
In terms of quality, I'd much rather go to a salon with towels. My previous therapist, she moved town unfortunately, used to preheat her towels before my appointment so they were always toasty warm. I always appreciated that, especially during winter

You can flip your towels over between clients - that saves on the washing.
Personally I don't like a full run of couch roll - looks too medical to me. I just use a piece where their bare skin will touch.

After a full body massage I wash all towels used though.

I use thin cotton sarongs on the bed for massage and facials...saves room in the washing machine. X

I use clean towels for everyone at home, and ask them to use one of theirs when mobile.
But I guess it depends on your cost and time and also on your treatment list. I only do nails so a couch roll wouldn't suit me.
How much is a couch roll and how many clients will it serve?
Then calculate for that number of clients your cost for clean towels. Are you going to clean and iron them or are you going to have them done somewhere?
That's the financial choice.
In terms of quality, I'd much rather go to a salon with towels. My previous therapist, she moved town unfortunately, used to preheat her towels before my appointment so they were always toasty warm. I always appreciated that, especially during winter

Pre heated towels sounds amaze !! Thank you

You can flip your towels over between clients - that saves on the washing.
Personally I don't like a full run of couch roll - looks too medical to me. I just use a piece where their bare skin will touch.

After a full body massage I wash all towels used though.

Yeah I'm not to keen on the couch roll either, it's the feel and the noise of them I think!

I use thin cotton sarongs on the bed for massage and facials...saves room in the washing machine. X

Perfect idea! Going to raid salon services now :p thank you you've helped so much xx

I have an electric blanket on my couch [emoji4] clients love it xx

Latest posts

Back