Changing bleached blonde hair back to natural??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyrasey

Reaction score
hi guys!
ive been reading and taking advise from you guys for a while now, and so i decided to join properly today :)
i have had the same dilema now for a year and every hairdresser i have spoken to cannot help me, here goes....
just over a year ago i had a bleached platinum blonde bob, i had re-touch roots done every 6 weeks or so until my hair reached just pasted my shoulders then i began having just highlights as i wanted to return to my natural colour which is a mousy brown/blonde.
i ultimatly want to achieve the old beach/dirty blonde look, natural colour with high lights through it ( lauren conrad, whitney port, marris miller etc) but every time i mention it to my hairdresser they just look paniced and say either "well we'll have to dye it all red, then a brown but you wont be able to get any highlights until 6 months or so" or "well we can try putting some low lights through" which we did on my last visit to the hairdressers and my hair went a horrible green/blue metal colour (which i washed and washed with medicated shampoo until it faded - i was gutted!!) turns out he used a colour for grey hairand thought because mine is white/blonde it would have the same effect???!! obviously overlooking the fact that mine is bleached and so pouros it just held the cool ash tone???
as the past year has gone by i get highlights done every 3 months or so, and so my roots are now about 1.5 inches and i have an appiontment with another hairdressers tomorrow (on good recommendation from a friend) and so im hoping they can help.
i really want to achieve the natural blonde look, just not sure it is possible??
please please please can any professional hairdresser help me, any advise would be greatfully recieved

thanks in advance

:)

Yes it is possible provided your hair is not too degraded.What you will find tho is that the colour will wash out and you will need it done a few times to get it to stain, so be prepared for that.

Look for a Redken salon near you that uses shades EQ. These are the best colours for your particular job. Saves having to go through the prepig rigmarole.

Failing that, have a day out in Chislehurst!!

I am having the exact same problem! My hair was also very light and I wanted to go a lot closer to my original colour with high lights through like yourself.

So had it dyed a dark coppery colour with half head of highlights. First time it washed out completely in a couple of washes. So then paid to have it re-done- darker this time to combat fade. It faded more slowly this time, but now 8 weeks on I am left with much of the original colour on top, but very light ends where my hair was more porous.

I don't really want to keep paying out for my hair to be dyed darker if it's just going to wash straight out again, so might have to go back to the blonde!

Latest posts

Back