Changing from mobile to own salon ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DGextensions

Reaction score
Hey everyone please can you give me some advice :)

I am currently a mobile hair extension technicion and have been for over 2 years, i have currently done over 370 full heads in the 2 year i have been mobile for and have lots of regular clients :)

I am currently doing about 10 hair fittings a week and have a month and a half waiting lists now on hair which is good for me but rubbish in a way as i dont like telling my clients they have to wait that long !! as i know what i am like when i want something there and then i would just go elsewhere if i couldnt get it lol i find that i am turning customers away as they cant have it done for certain times/ occasions etc :(

So i have decided to open a luxury hair extension boutique in my area but just so worried about loosing all my clients that love me been mobile etc clients who have kids, clients who live too far from salon etc ?? As i travel all over the place i dont have clients in just 1 area.

I really want to open a salon and hopefully employ someone to help me out but so worried they will do the training and then leave to open there own business or start doing it on the side for cheaper to my clients etc. as i used to rent a chair in a salon as well as been mobile and had a lot of bother off the owner of the shop as she was taking my hair packets home etc trying to find out where i get my hair from etc. she finally chucked me out of there after a month and a half as she said " i can do your job , your making far too much money for my liking !!" not a nice experience at all :(

So as you can imagine i am so worried about opening a salon etc but really need to do progress my business as i am everywhere mobile and its constant here there and everywhere ! sometimes i can work doing 3 hairs a day till 10pm at night and then when i finish have to reply to about 10 people with prices etc, i just never have a switch off point to spend time with my little boy and family so i thought opening a salon will give me that :)

i know its a long post but hope someone can give me some sort of advice etc many thanks xxx

Latest posts

Back