Changing From % Rent To Paying Set Amount

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shellbert

Reaction score
Hi Guys
For the past year I have been running a Salon of 3 Beauty Therapists within a Health & Fitness Club & Holiday Village. I have doing the 65%/35% rent payment and this has obviously helped over the quiet period before and after Xmas.
Only now things are starting to pick up and I really enjoy working with my team and we are gradually getting a good base of regular clientele. With us gettin busier and making more money I obviously resent having to pay more rent when I think of what else it could be spent of to improve our facilities/treatments/extra training. The list goes on.
The thing is that the Hotel Management currently charge the 2 hairdressers £50 a day in rent. So if they decide to do that to me, I'd be better off on a percentage basis. I have 3 girls who work 4 days a week. The hairdressers only do 2/3 days anyway and they make better profit margins/less outgoings so they are fine.
What would you suggest and how can I get my point across effectively and still get a reasonable deal?

Thanks
Michelle xx

I think you just need to have a sit down with the hotel management; try to create a financial incentive for them to change to your way of thinking if you can.....

Hi Guys
For the past year I have been running a Salon of 3 Beauty Therapists within a Health & Fitness Club & Holiday Village. I have doing the 65%/35% rent payment and this has obviously helped over the quiet period before and after Xmas.
Only now things are starting to pick up and I really enjoy working with my team and we are gradually getting a good base of regular clientele. With us gettin busier and making more money I obviously resent having to pay more rent when I think of what else it could be spent of to improve our facilities/treatments/extra training. The list goes on.
The thing is that the Hotel Management currently charge the 2 hairdressers £50 a day in rent. So if they decide to do that to me, I'd be better off on a percentage basis. I have 3 girls who work 4 days a week. The hairdressers only do 2/3 days anyway and they make better profit margins/less outgoings so they are fine.
What would you suggest and how can I get my point across effectively and still get a reasonable deal?

Thanks
Michelle xx

If you don't ask you don't get :)

Just make sure you catch the manager on a good day ...

Latest posts

Back