chill blaines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ally pally

Reaction score
Hello fellow nail geeks my name is alice, i am suffering badly from chill blaines at the moment! I work in a salon and i am an reflexologist i have been using steriod cream for my condition. Has anyone else had the same problem? xx :sad:

ohhh!These are so painful and i am prone to them.I used to get them more in my teens but now i really wrap my toes up warm.I have really bad circulation and my toes and feet are always cold even on the hottest summers day.I always wear a pair of socks to bed(urm...sexy!) and never have bare feet.At the moment i've got two pairs on....its all about prevention.Never try and warm your feet up by soaking them in hot water or by rest them on a radiator as this will actually bring on chill blaines.I did use a cream before but didn't really do much.People laugh at me in this weather with all my socks on!My feet were even freezing when i was in labour...and i had two pairs of socks on.

Hope you get better soon hun...keep lots of layers on those tooties!

Lou x x

i suffered with chillblains for years through my teens and twenties. i got them on my hands as well as my feet and have even had to have a ring cut off because of the severe swelling.i regularly had days when i couldnt go out because my feet were too swollen to fit my shoes on.
i have found that as i've got older i have grown out of them mostly. the best relief i got was a course of tablets from the doctor, i think they were designed to help with my circulation.
i recomend pure wool socks to help keep your feet warm at all times. it is when your feet go from cold to hot that the pain occurs because the blood rushes into closed down veins and the blood vessels break and cause the painful swelling. its miserable , you have my sympathy.:sad:

Steroid creams are useful if the chilblains are particularly swollen but the best preventative treatment for chilblains is to improve circulation.
They reckon that a daily 20mg dose of Nifedipine (cardiovascular drug) helps with the condition...but Im sure only yer GP could decide if this was needed.
Years ago there was a tablet that used to be given called Pernivit.....mainly composed of Vitamin K.......dunno if thats still available...and the other thing to bear in mind that chilblains respond better with gentle aclimatisation to temperature...in other words keep them tootsies warm....and bring em gently from cold to warm...rather than sticking em right on a heat source!
Painful! ouch!
Hope they get better soon Hun!!
:Love:

Latest posts

Back