Chocolate Manicure Pedicure Recipe

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel Mary

Reaction score
Mmmm, this sounded yummy so I thought i would share it with you.

Chocolate Manicure & Pedicure

Basic Instructions for a Home Manicure and/or Pedicure

File/shape nails with an emery board, for the feet, use a foot file on any dry, rough spots; and remove any nail polish.

Soften cuticles by soaking hands and feet, for 5-10 minutes in a salt bath made with a combination of sea salt and epsom salts, warm water and a couple drops of Chocolate Extract. If you have any tiny cuts or scratches you may like to use a bit of liquid soap instead of the salts for your soak.

Towel/pat dry.

Apply Chocolate Scrub (recipe below), massage into feet/hands to polish the skin.

Cleanse hands/feet - to warm water, add a couple drops of Chocolate Extract and a capful of unscented bubble bath, liquid soap, whatever you have on hand.

Rinse, towel dry.

Gently push back cuticles using a cuticle stick.

Apply polish - when polishing toe nails use toe separators and or pedicure slippers, if you wish.

Chocolate Sugar Scrub

Ingredients:
2- 3 tbsp Sugar-any kind, white, brown, raw
Oil-just a bit-any kind, olive, sunflower, safflower, almond
1 tsp Honey
couple drops Chocolate Extract
1/4 tsp. Cocoa Powder

Directions:
In a small bowl, gently mix sugars, cocoa powder, extract and honey. Drizzle in your oil of choice, just enough to make your desired scrub consistency, not too much, just a bit, mix. Apply to clean feet and hands using a circulation motion to exfoliate and moisturize, rinse and pat dry

Another one that sounded nice was this one

Homemade Strawberry Scrub Recipe
3-4 ripe crushed Strawberries
1/8 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
2 tsp Honey
1 tbs Sugar
1 tbs Oil-Evening Primrose, Almond, Olive, Avocado-either one will do or you may use what you have
Mix the above ingredients just before you begin your manicure. Depending on how ripe your strawberries are, you may like to adjust this recipe, the consistency should be on the thick side. If you have problems getting it thick enough, the easiest thing to do is to add some oatmeal.

1 cup Whole Milk
Warm the milk and pour it into a manicure bowl for your hand soak before you begin.

They sound fab, good enough to eat!! Will have to have a go at these.

both sound lovely
cant wait to try this weekend
sharen

That sounds fab! Will definatly want to have a go at that! x

Dumb question here but where would I find chocolate extract?

Dumb question here but where would I find chocolate extract?
Lol you arent dumb, i wondered the same thing when I read it too.
xxx:hug:

ohhhhhhhhh gonna give this a goooooooooo yummy

mmmmm i may have to eat my clients when i do this!!

Cheers

xxx

eeer now I am scared! PMSL. make sure you have eaten just before doing this service!!:lol:

Thanks for sharing Rach!!:D These recipes sound wonderful!:lick:

I also offer a Chocolate Mani&Pedi.... I also have Cranberry, Pumpkin Pie (both of which did great for halloween and thanksgiving) Honey & Almond, etc. I have lots of great recipes if you guys want them.... I also tagged these mani's and pedi's with a cute name... I call it SWEET FEET... People love it ! They also like the fact that I took time to make it mysef.. I also wanted to know if any of you offer Aromatherapy in your salons.. It hasn't hit big here in Mississippi... But I bought a good Arom. Book and just ordered some oils.. Any tips for Aromatherapy??
Thanks, Rachel !:p

I also offer a Chocolate Mani&Pedi.... I also have Cranberry, Pumpkin Pie (both of which did great for halloween and thanksgiving) Honey & Almond, etc. I have lots of great recipes if you guys want them.... I also tagged these mani's and pedi's with a cute name... I call it SWEET FEET... People love it ! They also like the fact that I took time to make it mysef.. I also wanted to know if any of you offer Aromatherapy in your salons.. It hasn't hit big here in Mississippi... But I bought a good Arom. Book and just ordered some oils.. Any tips for Aromatherapy??
Thanks, Rachel !:p
Hi Rachel,
Would love to have a look at your recipes, could you post a thread on them?
Cheers
Rachel

Here are some great recipes that I have found just surfing the internet.. I did not create any of these myself, but I use them all in my salon and my clients love each and everyone one of them.. I actually wish I could remember every website I got the recipes from so I could personally thank the nail techs that came up with them...I am however going to do a "Chocolate Covered Candy Cane Pedi" for the month of December, I am going to use the Chocolate Pedi Recipe and incorporate my peppermint aromatherapy.. It will also help with all those winter sniffles !! I have mentioned this to a couple of my clients and they have already booked for the new pedi... Good Luck !

Milk and Honey Spa Pedicure

Milk and Honey smooth and refresh. The enzymatic exfoliating properties of milk(contains lactic acid, a natural AHA), the hdrating qualities of honey(a natural humecatant that retains moisture). the exfoliation of sugar that stimulates cell circulation), and thescent of vanilla(scent of peace and relaxation) make the combination of a sure bet for making skin soft and smooth.

Sugar 1 T.
Honey squirt (1 t.)
Sweet almond oil (1/2 t.) or Solar oil may be substiuted
Dry Milk Flakes approx 1 cup
Base unscented lotion.

Take a small container ( I use souffle cups) and add sugar. Add 1 t. of honey and oil. Mix well....When you are ready to exfoliate, add a couple drops of water and stir. Do not add water too soon or water will dissolve sugar. Use on clients hands,arms, feet and hands.
Take a small container and add approximately 1 Tablespoon of base lotion, add vanilla (fo or from your grocery shelf), honey and oil. Mix together....and massage legs...........

When adding milk to your pedicures, turn jets off and add cup of dry milk to your tub...the clients foot can be soaking as you work on the other foot. Atleast a total of 10 minutes soaking..

Legs will be smooth as a babies butt!!!!

Pumpkin Pie Pedicure
canned pumpkin
brown sugar
e.v. olive oil
and spices, nutmeg, cinnimon, all spice

Cranberry Sugar Pedicure
Ingredients:
10 drops of cranberry oil extract
6 Tbsp. of sugar
1/8 cup of grapeseed oil (from a health food store)
hot washcloth soaked with 4 drops of cranberry oil extract

Directions:
Mix together all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Soak feet and legs, from your toes to your calves, in large basin filled with warm water for 10 minutes. Then gently massage mixture into feet and legs using a loofah or sponge. This scrub will help slough off calluses and dead skin. Remove mixture with a hot cranberry-scented washcloth. Skin will be refreshed with a light tingly feel. Proceed with pedicure by trimming nails and pushing back cuticles. Moisturize and massage feet and ankles by adding three drops of cranberry essential oil extract to your favorite body lotion. Apply base coat and nail polish of your choice.

Apricot Oil and Sugar Hand Exfoliator

*Sugar abrasion is a popular method for cleaning and stimulating the skin. The apricot oil serves as a natural lubricant, moisturizer and skin rejuvenator.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons apricot oil
juice of 1/2 lemon

Procedure:
Combine all of the ingredients together.

To use:
Immediately rub the mixture on your hands. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry. Moisturize.

*Sugar abrasion is a popular method for cleaning and stimulating the skin. The apricot oil serves as a natural lubricant, moisturizer and skin rejuvenator.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons apricot oil
juice of 1/2 lemon

Procedure:
Combine all of the ingredients together.

To use:
Immediately rub the mixture on your hands. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry. Moisturize.

Chocolate Pedicure
Foot soak:

Add to your foot spa the normal amount of hot water that you would put in. To this add an ounce of dried whole milk powder and an ounce of cocoa. Make sure that you stir this well and always seal your powders in airtight containers away from heat and light when not in use.

Foot Scrub:

Combine one ounce of sugar of your choice (I use cane sugar because its got more of an exfoliating texture than regular old table sugar) with a teaspoon of cinnamon and a few drops of Benzoin or Balsam of Peru. Add enough carrier oil to make a gritty paste. I like to use grapeseed.

Masque:

To a couple of tablespoons of Dead Sea Mud (or whatever your chosen masque base is) add a tablespoon of cocoa, a tablespoon of honey, some Frankincense essential oil and either Benzoin or Balsam of Peru.

Massage Oil:

100% pure cocoa butter. I buy tubs of this from Aura Cacia. It is hard as a rock at room temperature so you will want to scrape out about a tablespoon or two to warm up prior to giving a pedicure so that you aren't rubbing this hard lump of butter on someone. Its worth the extra trouble because this stuff works wonders on chapped, dry heels. My clients love the fact that they smell like chocolate when I'm done.

Aromatheropy Pedicures

Add essential oils (only 2-3 drops) to the soaking water along with sea salts.
After reducing the callous, mix equal amounts of sea salts with vegatable glycerine and 2-3 drops more of essential oils.
Customize the pedicure for the season.......
Spring----Lavender and jasmine oils
Summer----Grapefruit and Honeysuckle oils
Fall------Ginger oils and spices such as clove and cinnomin
Winter----Peppermint

Thanks for all those, they sound awesome. I dont know about the Pumpkin with me though! I like the fruity ones and essential oils but i dont know about a vegetable, can imagine how it would smell LOL.
xxx:Love:

The smell is Wonderful! I use canned pumpkin and when i mix it with the brown sugar and vanilla extract it is awesome !!

Thanks!!

Can't wait to try the choccy one.

I wonder...

If you added chocolate extract AND mint extract....
could you have chocolate-mint? Something more appropriate for the xmas season??
:green:

Oh Yum!! I love choc/mint! Here in Australia we have these Mint Slice Biscuits covered in chocolate and they are my fav. Its only 4pm and I am getting hungry for dinner!!!!!!!
xxx:hug:

tryed the chocolate scrub hun and it smells so good, my little girl and my son loved it thanks.xxxxxxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back