Christmas craft and gift ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanosnana

Premium Geek
Reaction score
It's that time of year again!

Over the weekend, Deano and I started our Christmas project. We are making these for him to give as gifts. They are very easy and fun to make!

http://blog.bakeitpretty.com/2009/12/holiday-how-to-retro-cupcake-ornaments/

As I was surfing youtube this a.m., I found this idea and I thought it would make great gifts for clients! You could have a basket of 'cupcakes' at your station and let the client choos their dessert. :) Instead of using a red pom pom, you could put a lollipop in the center.

http://www.733blog.com/2011/01/sock-cupcake-tutorial.html

I think both ideas are adorable.

Anyone else have Christmas craft ideas? :hug:

Last edited:
So adorable Tammie, thanks for posting! :)

These ideas are great. Thanks for posting.

I'm making these :) Christmas scented playdough

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354245005.419510.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354245005.419510.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 182
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354245031.490950.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354245031.490950.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 177
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354245069.277213.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354245069.277213.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 161
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354245103.125305.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354245103.125305.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 162
I am going to be making these with my kids and they will make fab little reminders of how small they were when they are older too.

saltdoughsantas.jpg

I am going to be making these with my kids and they will make fab little reminders of how small they were when they are older too.

saltdoughsantas.jpg

This is FABULOUS! Thank you for sharing! :)

I've been busy doing lots of salt dough decorations and a few other crafts with the children.
etu7uru3.jpg

agaqahah.jpg

qezasytu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

saltdoughsantas.jpg

I saw these today and thought they look great, really want to try and have a go :)

Brat can I ask if you painted before baking or after baking please.

I am planning to paint after baking but in your pic yours look like they are on the baking tray already painted.

Brat can I ask if you painted before baking or after baking please.

I am planning to paint after baking but in your pic yours look like they are on the baking tray already painted.

No they were painted afterwards, once all cooled. The silver thing you can see is the hot plate on top of the Aga which I just used to make the paint dry quicker :)

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

saltdoughsantas.jpg

Love this thank you for sharing, lovely keepsake

Well I'm going to be making sock cupcakes and salt dough ornaments! Thank you guys for posting 😃🎅🎄🎁

saltdoughsantas.jpg

I can't wait to do this with my kids. These will be my favourite Christmas ornaments. :)

My little gingerbread man & lady :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354384613.214440.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354384613.214440.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 120

saltdoughsantas.jpg

Do you have to use a particular type of paint for these and what do you seal it with? Sorry that sounds really silly hut I might have a go at making these with my 2 in the run up to Xmas xx

Do you have to use a particular type of paint for these and what do you seal it with? Sorry that sounds really silly hut I might have a go at making these with my 2 in the run up to Xmas xx
I was going to use the kids ready mixed poster paints (I might use sharpies to colour them in and outline as it would be easier and I have red & black Sharpies) then I am going to seal them with a bit of PVA glue watered down a teensy bit.

Well we made up our batches of dough earlier and made the hand print santa's and a few other extra things with the leftover dough, they are in the oven now. Will take pics when they are all done.

Latest posts

Back