Christmas Eve advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoey92

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
It's nearly that time of year again

I've been running my own Salon for 3years now & it's been amazing.

Anyways...Christmas Eve this year will land on a Sunday. Now aslong as I've been in the Hair industry (10years) this hasn't happend
Sundays usually the salon is closed & I would just like peoples comments on what their salon or salon owners are doing.
My salon is situated in a small area & i already know of a few that will be closed.

Thoughts on this please?

I learned early on in this industry not to bother opening on Christmas Eve regardless of the day it falls on. It invariably ends up with lots of no shows and last minute cancellations and I would rather spend the time with my children:)

I have a beauty salon and I can't wait to have a Christmas Eve day off for once.

Very excited

I rent a room in a boutique/salon that will prob be open xmas eve (last minute shopping in our small town) but I shall be at home with my daughter baking & stuffing my face :)

I worked half a day last year but find its not that busy- id rather spend the day at home regardless of what day it falls on xx

We haven't opened for years on Christmas Eve. If you do, take deposits from everyone. I feel that if they're not organised enough to get hair and nails done before then, chances are they haven't got shopping done either.

Vic x

We haven't opened for years on Christmas Eve. If you do, take deposits from everyone. I feel that if they're not organised enough to get hair and nails done before then, chances are they haven't got shopping done either.

Vic x
I would usually work Christmas Eve but with it landing on a sunday i was thinking "ohhh hell what do i do"

I have a beauty salon and I can't wait to have a Christmas Eve day off for once.

Very excited
I'm thinking about doing the same. Ive always worked Christmas Eve but as i say it lands on a sunday so was abit stumped in what to do. I will be a bit lost taking it off

I'm closing from 22nd December re open 3rd Jan. This is the first year ever I'm closing for so long and not reopening until the new year. I've burnt myself out previously and always end up with flu or run down. X

I'm also closing on 22nd and I'm off for a few days at the beginning of December to go shopping and get organised at home.
I was so exhausted and stressed last year I was grateful for Christmas Day as I wasn't working.
Family time comes first this year

Last edited:
In my opinion, Xmas Eve is never ever worth it.

We take full non refundable payments for Christmas week. No problem at all. We will be closed 23, 24, 25, 26 and then 30, 31, 1, 2 too x

I find the same with New Year's Eve not worth the bother, lots of cancellations as people decide not to go out, weather bad etc and some decide their nails still look fine from before Christmas so end up cancelling x

Why don't you work a little bit later on Saturday 23rd if needed? I have just sorted my diary and have decided on the normal Tuesday to Saturday but with an extra late night and 2 hours later on 23rd if needed, but Sunday off as normal. Most people are too busy xmas eve to remember appointments!

Why don't you work a little bit later on Saturday 23rd if needed? I have just sorted my diary and have decided on the normal Tuesday to Saturday but with an extra late night and 2 hours later on 23rd if needed, but Sunday off as normal. Most people are too busy xmas eve to remember appointments!

Thats exactly what I'm going to do ☺ may aswell enjoy it as it wont happen again for a long time

I am working up to Saturday night and just booked a holiday in the sun flying out on Xmas eve back on 2nd as it's my birthday New Year's Day and I prefer to be away. My stylist will work 29th and 30th but closed NYE. It won't happen again for 7 years or so so decided to enjoy it! I work 6 days anyway and The thought of working 7 days just did not appeal to me!

Latest posts

Back