Christmas remembrance thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deena

Reaction score
This is a place for all who have in the past/are having a difficult time this festive season for whatever reason. :hug: We may be remembering people we've lost/are losing etc. Christmas can be a bitter/sweet time and we can remember and pay tribute to them here. Most of us will be looking forward to spending time with our closest family and friends, eagerly looking forward to time off work and thoroughly enjoying their company. Some of those amongst us will be raw and hurting, however, with Christmas only serving to compound and intensify the pain of their loss. x

I started a light hearted Christmas thread which got me thinking about those on Salongeek who may not be so fortunate at this time, this Christmas season of goodwill .....

Feel free to share/send them loving thoughts .....

I'll start with my dear old dad who passed on 26th March 2002, aged 80 - only ever a thought away ....

Last edited:
I'll be thinking of my amazing Grandad who passed just 3 months ago today :'( always in my heart and thoughts. And my beautiful Granny that passed in July 2006 forever missed and in my dreams.

And a goodbye and good riddens to 2013 - worst year of my life so far for SO MANY reasons. Mainly my health and losing loved ones.

Remember to cherish every minute with every family member / friend this xmas. You never know when you might not get that chance again.

Lots of love to everyone and I hope you all have a wonderful xmas. And it's special to each and every one of you in your own little ways. Mine is going to be extremely hard but also extremely special... for another reason ;)

Merry xmas geeks

Xxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I will be remembering my gran who passed away 2nd Jan 2013 after being hours to live suddenly on 27th December.
She was my 2nd mam and christmas is going to be so hard. We will be bringing my grandad to our house for Christmas. He is 88 today (Xmas Eve) bless him.

Sending hugs to everyone who is missing someone this christmas
Xxx

I will be thinking of my best friend who sadly passed away suddenly this year aged just 42 , she has two beautiful children aged 12 and 14 who are doing her proud , love you Julie xx

Would also like to remember my very good and special friend, Graham, 2nd December 1998 who sadly departed way too soon and my nan, 6th December 1995, aged 92. Also my lifelong and best friend, Pat, who lives in the shadow of repeated and recurring cancer threats. Loved and remembered every day.

Last edited:
Jasmine Foley <3 who passed away at 13 months and is 4 today xxxx

I will be thinking of my beautiful mother in law who passed away in September last year and our friend carole who we lost in August. Both were such lovely ladies and I miss them so will be raising a glass to them x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

My father in law who died 16th July 2013 and was buried 2 days before our wedding, and my grandad who died Xmas eve 2012 and a good friend who died 4 days ago xxx

What a lovely thread.

My nan passed away on the 24th nov this year, it's our 1st without her.
We get slight comfort that she is with my grandad who passed away on 23rd dec 2001.

Also my uncle who died on 26th dec 2002.

To all my loved ones in heaven, my auntie Sue and uncle Peter.

You're never far from our thoughts but at Christmas time you're that little bit closer.
I love you all so much & each of you in your own way helped to shape the person I am today, so thank you & until we meet again Christmas blessings to you all xx

I'll be thinking of my dad who passed away (aged 40) when I was only 7 years old .... cannot believe it's 40 years this month since I saw him....love and miss you so much daddy, you left such a gaping hole in my life, not a day goes past without me thinking of you and you would be so proud of your granddaughters and they would have so loved you xxx

Also my dear nan and grandad, love you so much still xxx

I'll be thinking of my Dad who passed away four years ago on the 16th June 2009. It's his birthday tomorrow, so here's hoping I can last the day without crying and ruining everyone's Christmas. Here's also hoping I've done him proud this year!

Thinking of everyone who's struggling this Christmas!

My thoughts arw with my partners mum who suddenly passed away in march at only 48. She will be greatly missed. My thoughts are also my my gran and grandad who are no longer here x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My thoughts are with anyone and everyone who has lost a loved one at any time of the year. It must be awful hearing all those Christmas tunes if it's the first Christmas without them.

Love to you all. xx

Too many people, my lovely gran who died Christmas day 4 years ago, my grandpa, my beautiful friend Joe who died 3 years ago just aged 27 his gorgeous family he left behind and my truely brilliant Uncle who I miss greatly. Will be raising a drink to them all. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Christmas time can be so hard to deal with when you are going through the loss of loved ones. My heart goes out to those who are going through sad times right now when all around you other people are excited and happy. :hug:

To my mum who passed away suddenly on 12th march 2012 aged 54, christmas just isn't the same without you xxx

This is my first Christmas without my grandmother, my cousin and my humsbums.

Second Christmas without my lovely dad. Still can't believe I won't get my Christmas hugs. Hope he's back with my mum who we lost 18 years ago and that seems like no time at all. She's still around me x

A very special friend I lost this year. I really miss her, but especially at Xmas.

And my lovely Dad, gone almost 5 years now. Not a day passes by when I don't think about him.

:cry:

I'll be thinking of my daughter my first child who passed away when she was 10 days old. 20 yrs ago now & my friends son who passed away in October he is forever 21.

Latest posts

Back