Christmas remembrance thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be thinking of my dear Gran who lost her battle with cancer a month ago today.

She was a seriously special lady and will be sorely missed.

My Grandad is also incredibly ill so we will be nursing him through it.

I'm generally a glass half full kinda person, definitely not at the moment. I will be welcoming 2014 with open arms.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Always think of my school friend who died aged 38 4 years tomorrow , Christmas Day. While we are with our families, my friends family have this day to remember her on. Very sad. I always say a few words to her and send her family my best wishes.x

I'll be thinking of my brother and his daughters and grandchild who are spending their first Christmas without Linda, his wife, their mum and Nanna. She died this January, having being diagnosed with cancer 8 weeks before, aged 49.
Still can't believe she has gone x

I'm thinking of my mum, who was taken far too early 2 years ago now. Not a day goes by where I don't think of her but me, my daughter and my dad will have a blast tomorrow like she would have wanted too. She'll be having her own wee party in full health up there looking down on us xoxoxo

Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed to this thread so far..... Please keep them coming, as you may also strike a chord with someone else who is feeling a million miles from 'Festive' at this particularly poignant time. :hug:

Peace, love and light to you all :hug:

Last edited:
I will be thinking of friends who have suffered sad losses this year xxx

My love, thoughts and prayers are with them all xxx

I feel like such a misery moo but I'm so glad yesterday is over, Christmas is sooo hard for me now after losing my beautiful 13 year old son on the 5th November 2010. I spent a good portion of the day secretly crying so as to not ruin anyone's, especially my 13 year old daughters, day.

The Christmas build up has been so hard too with everyone I speak to so excited, and when I go back to work I will have to lie to each of my clients about what a fabby Xmas I've had.

My daughter has been so excited for Christmas and I've been happy for her, she has made my Xmas less unbearable, I'd never ruin her excitement with my misery, she is actually the only thing that makes me truly happy. I love her to bits.

I have my wedding anniversary on the 29th too, my husband and I are just not close anymore, we're living at my mums until we sell our house that I'm unable to live in after my sons passing. We are drifting so far apart I don't know how long we can stay together any more.

I'm actually crying as I write this, I'll probably feel so much better now....a good cry is very soothing and I don't do it often enough so thank you for this thread.

Sending my love to anyone else that's having a hard time this Christmas.

Here's to a happy 2014! x

First one without my Mum! I missed giving her, her presents and our Xmas day chat. She adored dogs so I donated to animal charities this year what I would have spent on gifts for her x

Last edited:
My first Christmas without my mum, love and miss her so very much. People must think I'm a grinch as I cannot get into the festive spirit. Love and thoughts with you all struggling at this time xx

My dad , 17 years ago and life has never been the same again x

My first Christmas without my mum, love and miss her so very much. People must think I'm a grinch as I cannot get into the festive spirit. Love and thoughts with you all struggling at this time xx
So feel for you and what you are going through xxx

Latest posts

Back