CJP vs CND?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily S

Cheap ain't nice and nice ain't cheap <3
Reaction score
I have had a sample kit of the master CJP and lifting was minimal for a lift prone CND client.

However, on each of the 3 ladies I tried on, each had a break, not a full nail coming off but an actually snap! This is something I very very rarely get, especially with these ladies I tried with.

For those of you who have worked with CND before and changed over, would you say you've had to work thicker at all, even if only slightly?

I would really like to change over to have some choices of coloured acrylics without having to mix my own!

Have you tried CND nail fresh on your lift prone lady? It's designed to help them.

Yep, I use it as standard on clients.

Whilst on the subject, is that a bad idea?

Their lifting isn't horrendous but there's some signs of it at their 2/3 weekly infills.

Nail fresh was all they had before Scrubfresh came out so it shouldn't cause you a problem.

I have had a sample kit of the master CJP and lifting was minimal for a lift prone CND client.

However, on each of the 3 ladies I tried on, each had a break, not a full nail coming off but an actually snap! This is something I very very rarely get, especially with these ladies I tried with.

For those of you who have worked with CND before and changed over, would you say you've had to work thicker at all, even if only slightly?

I would really like to change over to have some choices of coloured acrylics without having to mix my own!
Iv been a CND girl for 14 yrs and recently changed to CJP. I find CJP to actually be stronger than CND but I do work slightly thicker anyway. It may just take u a little while to adjust but I do find CJP very similar to CND in application anyway x

Not thicker no, but you do need to completely change your ratio. CJP say its a drier system but coming off 12 years of CND I actually find I need to work wetter. An incorrect ratio will cause breakages, drier specifically will cause snapping, not enough liquid for flexibility.

When I did my CND training we were taught the perfect ratio was required for strength and flexibility - strength from the powder...flexibility from the liquid. Too much powder = brittle = snapping/breakage. Too much liquid = too much flexibility, no strength = FE snapping/bending/lifting. I think many techs think ratio is about how the bead moves and sets up when it is so much more.

Personally I've had to break many of my 'CND rules' to master CJP including [whisper] dipping my brush in monomer after setting the bead down - it goes against everything I know and have practised but it works with CJP.

I never blot the monomer from the back of the brush after picking up a bead, I'd never get any working time if i did.

Thanks so much for your reply. Think I will give it another try x

Latest posts

Back