cleaning foundation brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
I have a great foundation brush (Bodyshop) but dont know how to clean it. Can anyone tellme what to do?
Sam

You can but makeup brush cleaner, especially for bruhes that will also enhance the life of them (as opposed to using something harsher). You can buy them from boots etc (poss even bodyshop) or beauty suppliers.:)

I use a little bit of mild shampoo, rub it gently into the bristles without water, then rinse clean with warm (not hot!) water. Leave to dry at room temperature. That's what I do with all my brushes, I've had them for about 5 years and they still look as good as new.

I use a little bit of mild shampoo, rub it gently into the bristles without water, then rinse clean with warm (not hot!) water. Leave to dry at room temperature. That's what I do with all my brushes, I've had them for about 5 years and they still look as good as new.
When I worked for The Body Shop @ Home, we were told to recommend cleaning the brushes etc with a little of their tea tree face wash as it is anti-bacterial.
However, I don't see why using mild shampoo would be a problem. If you are only using it on your own skin, then it is upto you if you want to use an anti bac product. As long as you rinse and dry it properly neither will cause damage to your brush.

I was going to also suggest a mild shampoo!! :)

Thanks everyone off to clean it now.
Sam

I have a great foundation brush (Bodyshop) but dont know how to clean it. Can anyone tellme what to do?
Sam

i have this same brush, isn't it great :)

i wash mines in shampoo and conditioner at the end of the day

and whilst i am working i use a quick drying cosmetic brush cleaner inbetween makeups

Brush Off Makeup Brush Cleanser - Order

This is what I use for my pro brushes. Personally I would never use shampoo on my brushes either for professional or personal use.

I use this sort of cleanser (not this exact one, but similar concept) in between faces on a job, as it dries quickly. I always wash my brushes throughly with warm soapy water (I use Aveda's Shampure and most MUAs I know use some sort of mild shampoo) and leave them to dry overnight in between every job.

This is just how I was taught, and is, IMO, the most hygienic way and efficient cleaning programme for makeup brushes :green:

hiya, don't know if its me being over fussy but i would be inclined not to use the same brush on different clients in one job whether spritzed or not, i have two complete brush sets, they're all bodyshop (fab brushes), then i carry loads of disposables, sponges, eyeshadow apps etc x

hiya, don't know if its me being over fussy but i would be inclined not to use the same brush on different clients in one job whether spritzed or not, i have two complete brush sets, they're all bodyshop (fab brushes), then i carry loads of disposables, sponges, eyeshadow apps etc x
In an ideal situation this would be great but if you have several make ups in 1 day then what are you going to do?

Good quality make up brushes are expensive,not many therapists,make-up artists can afford to have several sets of each make-up brush.

In an ideal situation this would be great but if you have several make ups in 1 day then what are you going to do?

Good quality make up brushes are expensive,not many therapists,make-up artists can afford to have several sets of each make-up brush.

Yeah, I agree with Babs....on a full days work I would need to take about ten sets of brushes with me if I didn't use quick-dry brush cleaner.

As it is, I have approx three sets of brushes (because I buy brushes individually I have more of some than others) to save time, because if I only took one set I'd spend more time cleaning than making up faces! :green:

yeah you're right i haven't had to do more than 4 or 5 in a sitting before... i stand corrected xx

As a make-up artist I always recommend the use of Brush Off that cleans your brushes instantly and keeps them as new and avoids cross-contamination as brushes are dry in under a minute. Good for your own make-up brushes too lol!

Latest posts

Back