Client asking for a discount, what's the best comeback?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loyalty cards are great. Eight visits next one free
Well worth it really

Loyalty cards are great. Eight visits next one free
Well worth it really

Yep already offer this and a recommendation a friend scheme..... However I've put it down to certain clients trying it on x

I had a a girl who I went primary school with she asked if I could remember her which I could ,then out the blue she said "can u do mates rates as I'm short this week " so said to her maybe u should ask the government for a pay rise ( she doesn't work ) I'm sure your local Nails shop has a walk in ! Bloody cheek of her I couldn't resist I was quick to reply [emoji23]

I had a a girl who I went primary school with she asked if I could remember her which I could ,then out the blue she said "can u do mates rates as I'm short this week " so said to her maybe u should ask the government for a pay rise ( she doesn't work ) I'm sure your local Nails shop has a walk in ! Bloody cheek of her I couldn't resist I was quick to reply [emoji23]
What a cheek! I had an old colleagues wife ask me for a friend's discount - hadn't seen her since I stopped working with her husband about 15 years before lol - talk about trying it on!!

I'm so lucky my clients don't ask me for discounts:)

"My profit margins are minimal anyway so there's nothing more I can do"

"I thought about offering discounts but found it fairer just to quote my best price"

"My outgoings/products have just gone up but I'm keeping my prices the same, so in a way you're already getting one hahahaaaa"

"I can offer 5% if you book and pay for 10 treatments in advance" (??[emoji15])
Genius

Hi all I have a very high maintenance client (proper pain in the Bum) however she is lovely but regularly she asks for a Discount.... Now what's your best comebacks on this subject? Personally I think it's bloody rude! I mean this is my livelyhood, not a hobby!

I want to be firm but professional... Maybe with a huge dash of sarcasm!❤️

I use a loyalty card system and on their 7th visit they receive 20% off their treatment.

I'm still working in healthcare while I save to set up in nails & ive been told I shouldn't charge to do healthcare. Because when I was NHS employed we all worked for free, obviously.

Latest posts

Back