Client's bleached hair turned orange on one patch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline_music_

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I have a client naturally a base 7 she has full head bleach with 6% fine but lots of them. She has had this for about 9 months. Before this she had wella highlift 12/1 tint with 12% and bleach alternate.

I coloured it a couple of weeks ago and used toner 10/96, I didn't blow dry it as she was in a rush so she left with wet hair but all seemed well.

She messaged me to say there was a patch of yellow on the left side by her face 3 inches from ends to mid length.

I went to see her and sure enough it wasn't yellow it was bright orange. I toned it with 10/8 pastel and this time gave her a free blowdry all was well, the colour looked great. She was happy.

That evening I get another message, it's back again. So i rang her and asked what had she done to her hair since I left. She said nothing except tong the ends.

I called wella and the lady said that it could be chlorine, fake tan, foundation or mucky hair tools like straighteners or tongs. Because the colour has been fine up to now and it's only on one patch of her hair it has to be something she has done.

So I agree that I would go back again and rectify it (I've done her hair for years, she's more like a friend than a client) and I want to keep her loyal custom. Anyway, my question is this...
Am I ok to use a gentle bleach on this orange patch to lift it lighter if it is chlorine that's caused it?

Hi geeks

I have a client naturally a base 7 she has full head bleach with 6% fine but lots of them. She has had this for about 9 months. Before this she had wella highlift 12/1 tint with 12% and bleach alternate.

I coloured it a couple of weeks ago and used toner 10/96, I didn't blow dry it as she was in a rush so she left with wet hair but all seemed well.

She messaged me to say there was a patch of yellow on the left side by her face 3 inches from ends to mid length.

I went to see her and sure enough it wasn't yellow it was bright orange. I toned it with 10/8 pastel and this time gave her a free blowdry all was well, the colour looked great. She was happy.

That evening I get another message, it's back again. So i rang her and asked what had she done to her hair since I left. She said nothing except tong the ends.

I called wella and the lady said that it could be chlorine, fake tan, foundation or mucky hair tools like straighteners or tongs. Because the colour has been fine up to now and it's only on one patch of her hair it has to be something she has done.

So I agree that I would go back again and rectify it (I've done her hair for years, she's more like a friend than a client) and I want to keep her loyal custom. Anyway, my question is this...
Am I ok to use a gentle bleach on this orange patch to lift it lighter if it is chlorine that's caused it?
I'd be more inclined to find out what's causing the problem, before colouring it again, maybe do a malibu course cleanser on it, t he y literally remove all impurities

So the problem was her ceramic curling tongs that got very hot. She had basically singed her hair to a weird orange/yellow colour. Who knew bleached hair could turn this colour? I think the tone would be known as 'burnt orange' [emoji23]

I've had clients who front of her grey hair turned brown from smoking!

I've had clients who front of her grey hair turned brown from smoking!

Ha ha oops. I've been known to enjoy the odd fag when having a drink but that's gross [emoji23]

Latest posts

Back