Client complaining prebonded hair extension bonds have gone soft.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixii

Reaction score
I have a client who is complaining her bonds have gone soft after only 3 weeks. She had a full head of pre bonded extensions. She is the only client i've had that has complained of this. And says the only thing she has gotten on her bonds is an extension shampoo. I have offered too take a look and do some maintenance, but to be honest if she really is looking after them properly, im a little miffed as too why this is happening... none of my other clients are having this problem.
She complained too me about two previous sets of extensions she has had in the past done by other extensionists. And i hate the thought she is going too add me too the list, but i fitted them properly just as i always do and like i say no one else has had this problem so i doubt its my supplier. Any thoughts on this? xx

EDIT: She has since said she uses Charles Worthington shampoo (een though she was advised too use an extension shampoo), i am wondering if that could possibly be the cause? She said "I use charles worthington, but its not like i've washed them alot"
She has said its just 4 or 5 on one side of her head that have gone sticky and that the rest are okay.

Last edited:
Hey! I wear bonded extensions and absolutely love them! The only thing I can think of is when I first got them if I had the hairdryer too hot I noticed a couple went tacky! At home I use a professional dryer and it does get very hot! But now I know to keep the dryer further away and also am extra careful now to keep my irons away from bonds too! Apart from heat there's not really any other way that the glue can soften! I'm not sure if this helps! Maybe someone else will have a better explanation! Or maybe she's just super pernickety? Lol xx

Hey! I wear bonded extensions and absolutely love them! The only thing I can think of is when I first got them if I had the hairdryer too hot I noticed a couple went tacky! At home I use a professional dryer and it does get very hot! But now I know to keep the dryer further away and also am extra careful now to keep my irons away from bonds too! Apart from heat there's not really any other way that the glue can soften! I'm not sure if this helps! Maybe someone else will have a better explanation! Or maybe she's just super pernickety? Lol xx
Thank you for your reply :) xx

Hi
Ask her to come back to you so that you can take a look at them, go through the aftercare with her and ask her to bring in the products she us using.

You might come up with something she us doing differently from what you advised her.

I think the best thing to do would be to have a look at them as it is very difficult to determine the problem without seeing them x

I have a client who is complaining her bonds have gone soft after only 3 weeks. She had a full head of pre bonded extensions. She is the only client i've had that has complained of this. And says the only thing she has gotten on her bonds is an extension shampoo. I have offered too take a look and do some maintenance, but to be honest if she really is looking after them properly, im a little miffed as too why this is happening... none of my other clients are having this problem.
She complained too me about two previous sets of extensions she has had in the past done by other extensionists. And i hate the thought she is going too add me too the list, but i fitted them properly just as i always do and like i say no one else has had this problem so i doubt its my supplier. Any thoughts on this? xx

EDIT: She has since said she uses Charles Worthington shampoo (een though she was advised too use an extension shampoo), i am wondering if that could possibly be the cause? She said "I use charles worthington, but its not like i've washed them alot"
She has said its just 4 or 5 on one side of her head that have gone sticky and that the rest are okay.

Hey there. Im a nail geek not hair....but i wear extensions and once had this prob. I used shampoo that i was advised by salon services was for extensions but it had keratin in. Or something like that (maybe not keratin cant remember !) anyhow apparantly it melts the bonds and they went tacky like chewing gum. If i pulled hard enough theyd have slid down my hair.

It sounds like her prob. Not yours! Also ensure she not sleeping with wet hair i did it once and ruined some of them - went tacky.

Em x

Hiya,
This is exactly the reason why i now tell my clients they MUST use the correct aftercare, if i find out they havent, i wont accept any complaint, as they have caused this themselfs.
If its only 4/5 on 1 side of her head, i would go see her, take these 4/5 out,give her the correct aftercare,and tell her you cannot go back another time if she does not use it(all in a polite manner of course)

Kate x

Hiya,
This is exactly the reason why i now tell my clients they MUST use the correct aftercare, if i find out they havent, i wont accept any complaint, as they have caused this themselfs.
If its only 4/5 on 1 side of her head, i would go see her, take these 4/5 out,give her the correct aftercare,and tell her you cannot go back another time if she does not use it(all in a polite manner of course)

Kate x

Sell her the correct shampoo! If it goes wrong then u know shes up to something !

The only reason i didnt as it was a hairdresser who worked in my friends salon who did mine, for cost, i was meant to buy a specific brand she told me - i couldnt find it and asked a girl in salon services, turned out what she sold me wasnt right - i went back to complain and got my money back but it still cost me new bonds and also paid her to fix them (she said no but i insisted, afterall....it wasnt her fault!) x

Latest posts

Back