Client complaint discolored clothing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A23shley

Reaction score
I recently did a NEW client (which makes this worse) that reached out to me after her color appointment because the t-shirt she was wearing got ruined. She said this shirt was vintage and her absolute favorite piece of clothing she owned. She showed me the shirt and there is some faint places on the back where the shirt had discoloration. This is probably bad but the first thing I thought about was, for her entire appointment she had the cape pushed completely the the side while she worked, made and answered phone calls so the cape wasn't really protecting her clothing at all. So I take the blame for not being more assertive and making keep the cape in the proper position but what would you do do remedy this situation? I offered to buy her another shirt or refund her for the cost of the shirt. She didn't know what the value of the shirt was so she said she would get back to me. But besides working harder to prevent something like this from happening again, what is the best option for compensation?

Seriously? Who wears their favourite vintage t-shirt to get their hair coloured?
It would be like dressing up in your best jeans to paint a ceiling then getting annoyed that you’d got paint spatters on them.

It sounds a bit scammy to me, especially as it’s a new client!

I wouldn’t be so quick to refund or offer to replace the clothing. Point out that you provided the correct protective clothing and she was the one pushing it out of the way. She needs to take responsibility for her own actions in this case.

There’d be no refund or offer of compensation from me.

Seriously? Who wears their favourite vintage t-shirt to get their hair coloured?
It would be like dressing up in your best jeans to paint a ceiling then getting annoyed that you’d got paint spatters on them.

It sounds a bit scammy to me, especially as it’s a new client!

I wouldn’t be so quick to refund or offer to replace the clothing. Point out that you provided the correct protective clothing and she was the one pushing it out of the way. She needs to take responsibility for her own actions in this case.

There’d be no refund or offer of compensation from me.
Thank you so much, I fell all of what you are saying. So much of my business comes from word of mouth because I am in a smaller city/town it freaked me out. But that is exactly what what was thinking why are you wearing your favorite shirt to a hair color appointment. I still haven't heard back from her so maybe she was just trying to get something right then so when I didn't give she just let it go. She acted like the shirt was one of a kind but I found one on eBay for $6.98 I am just going to let it ride unless I hear back from her. Again thanks for your comment it definitely makes me feel like my first reaction/feelings are correct.

Latest posts

Back