Client records, is this a legal requirement?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peppercorn Nails said:
Louise, I have to ask the question.........this mock.......was it your Health & Safety exam?

The reason I'm asking is that I took this on Monday (just gone) and that very question was in it with 4 multiple choice answers (2 of them being what you gave). Can you remember what other questions you were given? I would be interested to know if your mock sheet was the same as my actual exam, and if so, surely the whole country has the same exam paper.

If this is the case, it really does make a mockery out of the nationally recognised exams we strive to seek.

Let me know,
Adele

Apart from the last 18 months, I have spent all my working life training and teaching in a different industry. When you do your driving lessons they teach you to do exactly what you do in the test. You learn and are able to recall the skill/information in the actual test. All learning that leads to an assessment of some sort is the same. You teach in order that the student can recall in the exam. How they learn is not relevant, the fact that they can recall the info or perform the skill is. A good syllabus is based on the exact content of the exam paper. How else could you revise?

My point is: Previous knowledge of exact or likely exam questions are the basis of all qualifications. What happened above does not make a mockery of the "national system" it makes perfect sense.

Peppercorn Nails said:

The reason I'm asking is that I took this on Monday (just gone) and that very question was in it with 4 multiple choice answers (2 of them being what you gave). Can you remember what other questions you were given? I would be interested to know if your mock sheet was the same as my actual exam, and if so, surely the whole country has the same exam paper.

Sounds very similar to my VTCT M2 & M74 test paper back in December last year.
25 multi choice questions in total including the one Louise mentions, plus things like "what do professional bodies do for therapists/salons?", "what colour extinguisher would you use on an electrical fire?", "when should salon appliances be first PAT tested?". Can't remember any more off the top of my head & I can't check as we never got our papers back afterwards so I will never know for sure any that I went wrong on :|

Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back