Client stealing products, etc.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously! You could always joke that you think that your room is haunted as things have been going missing. At least that way she'll know that you've noticed. If anything else goes missing, I wouldn't book her again. x

Legally I don't think hidden cameras are allowed. But you can I think have one noticeable with a sign saying cctv in operation which would stop her. Not of course in any room where any one would disrobe.

I think a camera is definitely out... unless you want other regulars to stay away too - I'd never come back if I thought there was a CCTV near a treatment or changing area!
Minimise the risk of things going missing - keep them tidied away unless you're using them and once you've finished using them re-tidy.
One therapist in this area keeps her cash in the treatment shed (it's really nice actually - just don't know what else to call it!) and I have to say I wasn't comfortable about that once I knew... I'd never take anything but she left the room a couple of times and just left the money in there too! I've stopped going there as I really felt it was too easy for false accusations to be made... weird as that might sound to some...

You could mention in conversation items have been going missing within your room so they all have to be stored away, but not to worry when you get a minute your going to look back on your security camera....see her reaction hopefully she may admit or make a rubbish excuse as to how it ended up in her bag,that way you don't have to fork out for a camera or confront her encase your not sure and no legal rules broken as you wont actually have a camera? x

get a security gate for the doors of your salon and when she goes through it at the end of her appointment make a 'beep beep beep beep' noise haha.

maybe you should get a locker cabinet and take the clients bag and put it in there when she gets into your salon and hang her coat up, maybe even just hang her bag up with her coat, somewhere where she cant get to it during her appointment and keep a bloomin good eye on her. good luck :)

I am sorry but if someone stole from me twice they wouldn't get back in the door, it doesn't matter what the item was it is irrelevant to me as they have taken something that doesn't belong to them.

Ok so heres an idea, do the manicure, leave her with wet nails, go to the next room and ring her mobile then when it rings come back in and say "ooh dont smudge your nails, let me get that from your bag for you..." then have a rummage.....??!!
xxx

Thanks for your help geeks. I think I will go with your advice and use my stock take tomorrow to bring to her attention that I know stuff has gone missing without actually accusing her. If she still pinches something I just won't book her in again.

They were my favourite bloody tweezers as well. I wouldn't have been so bothered if it was my crap pair!

X

If you know something has been stolen by that person then you are allowed to ask them to stay, return the product but this must be done as they walk through the door, once the premises are left its theft, not before. Maybe do a poster saying you operate civil recovery systems which includes recovering the costs of the stolen items and legal costs. Even a 20p item would incur being charged a huge amount because of legal costs xoxo

If you know something has been stolen by that person then you are allowed to ask them to stay, return the product but this must be done as they walk through the door, once the premises are left its theft, not before. Maybe do a poster saying you operate civil recovery systems which includes recovering the costs of the stolen items and legal costs. Even a 20p item would incur being charged a huge amount because of legal costs xoxo

The above is incorrect. They dont have to leave the premises for it to be theft. The theft occurs as soon as they form the intent, ie put it in their bag. The wording of theft is: dishonstly appropriate property belonging to another with the intention to permanantly deprive. If they actually go into another room then its actually a burglary. You cold do a civil arrest, but you must believe they have stolen, as opposed to suspecting. Ie physically see them stealing or caught on cctv, as opposed to noticing that something is missing. Otherwise it could be an assault on your part if you detain them and you lay hands on them and they havent stole.

If it were me, I'd probably start talking about it as soon as she stepped in the door like:
'can you believe the nerve of some people, it was only a pair of tweezers, can you believe anyone would do that? She doesn't even realise theres CCTV everywhere so I know who it is, I'm just waiting for them to be honest or the police will get involved.'

If shes an honest human being, that will deffo make her confess, I know if I stole anything, it'd make me confess!!

Leanne
X

If you mention it to her she might feel guilty rebook and bring your stuff.but to be honest if someone spoke to me about stealing things I'd feel uncomfortable even if I hadnt done anything,becareful with your words you don't want her to think that you are accusing her because this could potentially ruin your rep,you don't know who she knows in your area,she could know every Tom dick and Harry and things like this could spread quick

Xx

Print out a sign saying 'CCTV in operation' a pop it up before she comes for her appointment...she wont know its not true...

Latest posts

Back