Clients not turning up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my god… I can totally understand why you are so down about this. You sound like you need a holiday from it, but all these disrespectful clients would be annoyed that you aren't there on the day that they finally decide to grace you with their presence! How rude are they for god sake?? They obviously don't think that you are doing it to make money, its obviously just a hobby for you!! I really feel your pain. I like your idea about printing and handing out your cancellation policy, because you can hand it over and then explain why you are doing it and really draw their attention to the problem. Hopefully repeat offenders will realise then what they have done. Don't back down next week with that lady… charge her the cancellation on top and if she sulks and tells anyone about it, at least they know that you mean business too!! It's great that you are getting new customers each week! Concentrate on those positives and make sure that from their very first appointment, the new ones know that they can't let you down last minute. People can be so rude.

Thanks ladies. I'm full today but now I've got so I don't trust people to turn up and am gonna be so upset if one of my clients does it today.
I don't have a card machine and people are booking via text, not coming in to book, so not sure how I would go about this deposits.
Maybe if they're in with me then book for a bigger priced treatment I should take the deposit there and then? How much would be acceptable? My biggest pric is £40, unless treatments are combined. What if I take like £10 and then they still don't turn up and I need to charge another £10 for not coming in?!
Someone suggested sending a payment request via PayPal for the cancellation fee. I was wondering about doing this if they cancel and don't rebook or if they want to rebook I could say I'll only rebook once the fee is paid.
I just don't know anymore. Yes ruby I think I need to give this paper even to new clients, I don't want to scare them but I will explain its become a problem recently and explain why I need to hand out the policy.
Thanks ladies xx

Thanks ladies. I'm full today but now I've got so I don't trust people to turn up and am gonna be so upset if one of my clients does it today.
I don't have a card machine and people are booking via text, not coming in to book, so not sure how I would go about this deposits.
Maybe if they're in with me then book for a bigger priced treatment I should take the deposit there and then? How much would be acceptable? My biggest pric is £40, unless treatments are combined. What if I take like £10 and then they still don't turn up and I need to charge another £10 for not coming in?!
Someone suggested sending a payment request via PayPal for the cancellation fee. I was wondering about doing this if they cancel and don't rebook or if they want to rebook I could say I'll only rebook once the fee is paid.
I just don't know anymore. Yes ruby I think I need to give this paper even to new clients, I don't want to scare them but I will explain its become a problem recently and explain why I need to hand out the policy.
Thanks ladies xx
Get ovatu. For £15 pm you can take online bookings and request payments for specific or all treatments. So worth it.

I still get a buzz when clients book online - no effort at all x

Thanks ladies xx
Could you email your client with your bank details and ask them for a bank transfer to cover her missed appt and booking fee for next appt and say the transfer needs to be paid in next 48 hours for you to hold that slot for her and if someone else requests it, they will get priority if payment not recovered.

Thanks squidger I will look into it, I used to use ovatu mobile app before :)
I'm not sure if it would be rude daydreams.
When I last wrote on here this morning it was before I started work. Come 12 I was waiting for another client who never turned up, didn't answer her phone or reply to my text til 2 hours later! This is the same client that I started this thread about. She replied that she was unwell again.
I have posted my cancellation policy on Facebook now and it's had loads of likes so am happy I've still got some supportive clients aware of the importance of this. I only work 3 days a week but in the last 3 days I've lost £104!!!!

I would send a bill for the lost time and if they don't want to pay it and take the huff, they can go elsewhere, you won't of lost a loyal client because they mess you about so much, a true loyal client would pay up and apologise

I've changed sending my reminder texts from 24hrs to 48hrs before and it's made a big deference. I send a very simple text making it easy to cancel.
Then I have the whole day before the apt to fill it should they cancel.
I don't book people in without a mobile num

I've changed sending my reminder texts from 24hrs to 48hrs before and it's made a big deference. I send a very simple text making it easy to cancel.
Then I have the whole day before the apt to fill it should they cancel.
I don't book people in without a mobile num

I've thought about reminder texts but I don't see why I should have to do this-if you make an appointment you should stick to it?
What if you don't get a reply then are you in limbo wether to book others in? Do you hold out incase your original client does turn up?

That's what I think everyday.
Why should I have to remind you, I'm not your mum!!
If I forget one person and they don't turn up it drives me mad because grown women should take responsibility for themselves.
BUT i do it and I do it for money xxx

I don't ask for a reply to confirm apt but to reply to cancel.

Beauty Boutique appointment reminder:

SAT 14/05 @ 3:45

To cancel or amend please reply to this text.

Short and sweet and I just copy and paste and change the time.
I used to put names and treatments but no ones got time for that!

I've thought about reminder texts but I don't see why I should have to do this-if you make an appointment you should stick to it?
What if you don't get a reply then are you in limbo wether to book others in? Do you hold out incase your original client does turn up?
I see that it's part of being a nail tech/running a business which also helps things run smoothly.

I always send a message the day before, in general it helps although never 100% unfortunately.

I've got Ovatu and that sends out all the reminders. Probably saves me a few hours a week!

And everyone is impressed about the reminder.

Everyone has busier lives nowadays!

My hairdresser sends a text. If you don't reply during the day, they chase up with a phonecall. I think you need to change the way you feel about this. It won't take you long and could go a long way to addressing the problem.

Hi sorry to jump on this thread but I have one client in particular who seems to be "flaky" she comes in when she's not booked in and doesn't turn up when she's meant to be in I've started to message her night before to remind her of her appointment which she confirms to but then she will come in on time and say she doesn't want it no more which is always a colour leaving me out of pocket and time sitting for my next client to turn up what approach would yous take to this

Hi sorry to jump on this thread but I have one client in particular who seems to be "flaky" she comes in when she's not booked in and doesn't turn up when she's meant to be in I've started to message her night before to remind her of her appointment which she confirms to but then she will come in on time and say she doesn't want it no more which is always a colour leaving me out of pocket and time sitting for my next client to turn up what approach would yous take to this
You're now always fully booked when she asks :)

There's an App Called 'Setmore'. It's free and will send our reminder notifications to clients a day before or whenever you set it to.

There's an App Called 'Setmore'. It's free and will send our reminder notifications to clients a day before or whenever you set it to.
That's great thanks I'll give it a download [emoji4]

Three strikes and you're out with my salon. It's not worth our time or money to have clients who don't care. We use ovatu and that sends out texts and reminders so no excuse for anyone

Latest posts

Back