Clients not turning up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always take deposits now for anything over £10 and it's 50% so if they don't turn up it's their loss and I can have an extra cuppa tea lol

We are in business!! We love our job but it's not a hobby & most of us have bills to pay & stock & overheads! I may sound harsh but if someone doesn't give me 6 hours notice then I'm afraid a 50% fee applies . I lost so much money in one day & had turned down 4 other appointments only to keep being let down -I'm afraid i don't charge according to the circumstances as it's not my fault they might have to go into a meeting or they have locked themselves out of their car -that doesn't pay my bills & working in a small town people talk so if you let one off you have to let them all off. I've only had one client let me down & get very mad at me for charging-no one else had ever quibbled over the charge & they are the sort of people I want! The dentists charge & a lot of hairdressers do now -so I'm afraid one rule is for everyone -I'm sick off losing money & time & the small amount that is paid doesn't really cover the appointment but it's better than nothing! There will be people that don't agree with my policy -but I am self employed for a reason & those are my terms!

Emi-loo - how do you set that up to auto take the payment ? I know a lot of folk who do that?

Emi-loo - how do you set that up to auto take the payment ? I know a lot of folk who do that?
Hi
I just add the 50% on to their next bill -the decent clients offer to pay in full x

Hi
I just add the 50% on to their next bill -the decent clients offer to pay in full x

Ahh see I know people who can automatically take the payment via your bank if you don't turn up

Example a friend paid a deposit with another beauty place then forgot about her appointment and they took the rest from her account

I wanna know how they do that lol

Ahh see I know people who can automatically take the payment via your bank if you don't turn up

Example a friend paid a deposit with another beauty place then forgot about her appointment and they took the rest from her account

I wanna know how they do that lol
Normally just rerun the card used to pay the deposit.

Ahh I don't even know how to do that lol

Ahh I don't even know how to do that lol
Technically it should only be done through some sort of system because you can't hold on to client card details due to data protection.

Yeah that's what I mean I wouldn't know what system would do that

Need to have a look!

Hi
I've looked at some previous threads on this topic just wondered if anyone has new ideas of what to say to clients that do this also I need to rant!
I had a client booked at 11am today. She is a regular and usually turns up to appointments, however now she's not here and I've heard nothing. I've messaged her offering one other slot that I've got today. If she doesn't take it that's £25 I've lost!
I'm not sure what to do about a cancellation fee, I do have on my price list that a cancellation charge of 50% applies within 24hours so she should know this.

I can't remember if she has done this before but I usually let someone off the first time! My problem is this is my job and I am obviously relying on money which is people booking so I get an income.
Should I charge her the cancellation or see what her reason is first? I know she has some health problems and while this is very horrible for her I don't want to sound mean but I was counting on the money, I'm still building up in a new premises and every little helps!
Am I being cruel to charge her? It's really annoyed me as she only booked last week. I know things happen last minute and some situations can't be helped and if something bad had happened the beauty appointment would be the last thing on your mind!
I also have a new client in later that booked over a month ago, I've messaged her to remind her also but had no reply. If she doesn't turn up that's another £40 off today's takings! I'm in despair! [emoji30] X
Don't rely on single customer, even if she is regular it does not matter. What if she changes her city or country, start going to another salon. This is business dear. You have to look for many other ways, Marketing ways to boost ur salon repo and then let your quality service do the word of mouth marketing. Come online list your business on google map listing, boost your website. Think big than thinking about a single customer.

I work from home, so I don't take advance booking money. I usually phone the client if they're late to see if they are ok. If I get no reply and if a client lets me down once, I'll give them a second chance. If they repeat that, coupled to no courtesy phone call to let me know they're not showing again, they get blacklisted.

So ... at 12.30 my 2pm client decides to cancel on me

She forgot to turn up to her patch test last week so we reorganised that, now last minute cancelling the actual appt. naturally I'm a bit narked.

My question is, of course, would you book her in again? She says when she feels better she'll be in touch.

It was for two appts, valued at over £60 and I'd booked out my whole afternoon for her.

What do you reckon? X

So ... at 12.30 my 2pm client decides to cancel on me

She forgot to turn up to her patch test last week so we reorganised that, now last minute cancelling the actual appt. naturally I'm a bit narked.

My question is, of course, would you book her in again? She says when she feels better she'll be in touch.

It was for two appts, valued at over £60 and I'd booked out my whole afternoon for her.

What do you reckon? X

I would rebook with a deposit and just explain politely why. If her reasons are poor health then maybe suggest she rings on a day when she feels well to see if you have any spaces in the next day or two :)

I'm more lenient in some ways and harsher in others lol. I would let her book one more appointment, if she cancelled or was a no show i wouldn't book her again. Personally i find deposits too much of a faff but if you go this route remember to tell her it's non-refundable.

I had a lady book a tan. She asked if i could do mobile but i don't do that. She booked anyway but she had to cancel a few hours before as her baby was poorly and she didn't have anyone to help. Fair enough.

A month later she rebooked for an evening appointment. A few hours before she cancels due to a family emergency. I was nice and offered alternate appointments but she was unavailable. An hour later she asks if she could still have the appointment as the emergency was resolved. I said yes.

Next thing i know it is 5 minutes before her appointment and she has left 2 texts while i was with another client, just 10 minutes earlier. She says she was walking to me but got drenched in a downpour so went back home instead. Can i do mobile?

I was pretty annoyed. It had been pouring on and off all day. Any sensible person would have a coat, umbrella or called a cab. I kept my cool and politely replied to her text saying that i am not able to do mobile appointments and that as she struggles to get to a salon i think it would be best for her to find a mobile beautician.

I just don't have the patience for people who don't respect your time or business. I would prefer to give that space to someone who would really like it or otherwise spend the hour with my fiance before he goes to his night shift x

Latest posts

Back