Clients that take advantage!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alison :)

Reaction score
When I first started renting a room I was grateful for all clients and I ended up with a client who had a deal with the lady I was renting off. The client would get 20% off her treatments if she wrote about the salon etc. on the Facebook page and mum and baby group she was in. She always came in with her mum and I gave them both the discount ( which I know I shouldn't have done!), I've never had any leads from her posts in the last year and now she asking for the same discount for her partner.

How do I tell her nicely no not this time? I wish she'd realise I have a business to run and can't hand out discounted treatments to all, she never asks if I get anyone from her posts either. If I'm being completely honest I'd actually like to get rid of them.

Bring it up next time you see her, along the lines of:

Just to let you know, I've been reviewing my pricing and costs and although I'd love to continue offering you the discount, unfortunately I just can't after this time. I know you'll understand.

Just say it calmly and unapologetically. Rather it's just a business decision you've had to make.

You can always blame you're accountant (even if you don't have one) :)

It's up to her then to decide whether to pay full next time or go elsewhere. Either way, you're happy.

Excellent advice from @salonfrog.
Make sure you mention it when she books (might get rid of her that way) or when she arrives for her appointment, if pre-booked.
Practise saying it in the mirror at home so you can see your 'I mean business face'. :)

Thank you both some great ideas I can use! Time to bite the bullet [emoji112]

Latest posts

Back