Clients with Eczema

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oasis

Nail Mad
Reaction score
Hi All,
Can anyone advise me what to do?
A new client has contacted me, she wants a full mani and pedi but she has eczema had had asked me to advise her.
I've said she will need a doctors note to say it's ok to go ahead as I'm not medically qualified to say if it will be ok or not. She has not got moody saying she's never heard of that (well she wouldn't have as she's not a qualified beauty therapist), and do I not have products for sensitive skin.
Should I stick to my guns or do the treatment and use oil instead of creams? I'm not sure if she's been diagnosed with eczema or is assuming she has it - it could be something else. What would you do? Sorry for the long post but it's just not feeling right. Thanks. Xxxxx

What does your insurance company say?.

What does your insurance company say?.
They always fob me off and say to do what you were taught by your training provider. To me this is a doctors note as we are not medically qualified. I think I'm going to have to let this booking go as I'm just not comfortable with it if she won't provide a note. Xxx

They always fob me off and say to do what you were taught by your training provider. To me this is a doctors note as we are not medically qualified. I think I'm going to have to let this booking go as I'm just not comfortable with it if she won't provide a note. Xxx
I would stick too your guns. Imagine if she reacts she will be wanting a lovely little pay out!! Just say I'm really sorry I will need a Drs note too make sure your ok too have the treatment as I don't want my products too antagonise the area and make it any more uncomfortable then it can be. Make it all about how your thinking of her! Xxxx

If Drs notes came free she'd get one.

Thanks all. I've said I'm just thinking of her as you advised now I'm getting the old story about having them before and being fine. It's just annoying me now, she clearly doesn't respect my opinion. She can find someone who is willing to do it. Xx

I would invite her in for a free consultation, then you can get a fuller medical history from her, find out if she's on steroid creams, medications etc.
I would then patch test her for all the products you might use on her and then wait a week to ensure there are no flare ups.

As you say this might be something or nothing. It might be eczema really badly all over or just a tiddly bit at the back of her knees and in the crook of her elbows.

Meeting up will help with getting to know her and working out what her worries and expectations are.

I would invite her in for a free consultation, then you can get a fuller medical history from her, find out if she's on steroid creams, medications etc.
I would then patch test her for all the products you might use on her and then wait a week to ensure there are no flare ups.

As you say this might be something or nothing. It might be eczema really badly all over or just a tiddly bit at the back of her knees and in the crook of her elbows.

Meeting up will help with getting to know her and working out what her worries and expectations are.

Exactly as above. Consultation you don't know if it is sporadic or constant. large area or small patches the list goes on
this is where your skills come in to play would exfoliation help or hinder ?

Just had a message back to say she's going elsewhere. Oh well, you can't help some people. Xx

Latest posts

Back