CND - Best choice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurenUsherx

Reaction score
When i first looked into nails i went straight into the first Nail course i seen online, which was Essential Nails! I have done the last card and just about to send it off... But now ive researched more I've decided to start all over again and do it their way! Do you think this is the best choice and what does everyone think of Essential Nails? I prefer CND products to Essential nails. Thankssss x

CND is the best choice! For me it changed my nail life completely. I gained confidence, creativity, I now know science behind the product and able to understand and explain to clients how it works, instead of just slapping it on and hope for the best.

I am a Brisa Professional of the year and god I am so glad I did it all. The money I have invested have long paid back!

Hope you will make the right decision for you!

Nail designer with a twist;)

I can't comment on Essential Nails training as I'm not familiar with it. I can however tell you that I'm Creative trained and always use CND products.I'm not ashamed to say that I have tried other L&P systems,but nothing compares to Creative. I put a lot of hard work into achieving my Master Tech status and wont now compromise my skills by using inferior products.(I am not referring to Essential nails here,as Ive already stated I have no experience of their products). Please do yourself a favour and look into the Creative training course, you like their products, it makes sense to train with them. Good Luck :)

Last edited:
I can't comment on Essential Nails training as I'm not familiar with it. I can however tell you that I'm Creative trained and always use CND products.I'm not ashamed to say that I have tried other L&P systems,but nothing compares to Creative. I put a lot of hard work into achieving my Master Tech status and wont now compromise my skills by using inferior products.(I am not referring to Essential nails here,as Ive already stated I have no experience of their products). Please do yourself a favour and look into the Creative training course, you like their products, it makes sense to train with them. Good Luck :)

Well said!

Nail designer with a twist;)

I wish I had gone with CND right from the start......instead I threw money at nail courses and learnt zilcho!! Since training with CND I haven't looked back. I am still learning everyday too - you can never know it all :)
Have a read of the threads on here and believe me, there are lots! do your own research and see what you come up with. My motto is 'Buy cheap Buy twice'
Good Luck

If you've already paid for the EN course, why not complete it and then do a conversion course with CND? I trained with a local school and am converting to CND as soon as my local educator has dates.

Having said that, I've bought the EN Manicure course which I'll eventually do the same thing and convert to CND. Just haven't had chance to start it yet, everyone seems to want their nails doing lol.

I'm the first to hold my hand up, when I joined this forum, I thought it was so biased toward CND and wouldn't let myself buy into the hype, glad I did though, their products ARE superior, and I'm sure the training will be too.

Sounds daft but even their cotton wipes are better quality lol.

I'd definately go with CND if you can :D

I agree with Yvette (Waxcetera) above.

You have paid out the money for your EN training and it would be a waste to not complete the course - no training is ever wasted, even if it teaches you what not to do, if that makes sense.

Hello,
Thank you for your advice...
I am going to complete my course with EN but il have to start again with CND, i rang them and they said they dont recognise EN...
Does anyone know if CND do any sort of payment plan?
Thanks again
x:)

Hello,
Thank you for your advice...
I am going to complete my course with EN but il have to start again with CND, i rang them and they said they dont recognise EN...
Does anyone know if CND do any sort of payment plan?
Thanks again
x:)

You would need to check with them.

You could pay using a credit card and then pay a bit off each month, but this will cost you in interest.

With Christmas coming up, maybe you could ask for donations towards this training LOL.

Haha yeah, well being young its hard to get a job! Thats why it would be better for me to pay monthly! :) Also, does anyone know anything about having to be 18 to get a job in nails? I applied for a job and they rang me and sounded pretty intrested, and then they asked my age and they said i had to be 18? I was abit confused...
x

regarding payment plan you dont ness need the cash if your clever about it and willing to take a risk {little one}if you have already a credit card with small amount on it,then put training costs on that then heres the risk,then apply for a interest free credit card,transfer your balance to that AND DO NOT SPEND ON IT NEVER, then work out what your balance is then divide that by the months of interest free you get,{anything from 6 18months}this will be cheaper for you as long as you DONT SPEND ON IT during the free interest period,i built my whole business doing this over 5 years,then go and read duncan banatyne book it will give you all you need:) good luck

regarding payment plan you dont ness need the cash if your clever about it and willing to take a risk {little one}if you have already a credit card with small amount on it,then put training costs on that then heres the risk,then apply for a interest free credit card,transfer your balance to that AND DO NOT SPEND ON IT NEVER, then work out what your balance is then divide that by the months of interest free you get,{anything from 6 18months}this will be cheaper for you as long as you DONT SPEND ON IT during the free interest period,i built my whole business doing this over 5 years,then go and read duncan banatyne book it will give you all you need:) good luck

You're right, that IS risky... and only for the most disciplined of people! No good for this young lady though, as it sounds like she has no job/insufficient income for credit scoring purposes, and is under 18 (so does not qualify for a credit card anyway).

I would go ahead and ask S2 whether they offer a payment programme, and failing that it would seem you have 2 options: borrow the money from a family member you can trust and pay them back monthly as you would've done S2; put the money you would've paid each month into a savings account and then do the CND course once you've saved up enough to pay for it.

Best of luck with it all! :hug:

You're right, that IS risky... and only for the most disciplined of people! No good for this young lady though, as it sounds like she has no job/insufficient income for credit scoring purposes, and is under 18 (so does not qualify for a credit card anyway).

I would go ahead and ask S2 whether they offer a payment programme, and failing that it would seem you have 2 options: borrow the money from a family member you can trust and pay them back monthly as you would've done S2; put the money you would've paid each month into a savings account and then do the CND course once you've saved up enough to pay for it.

Best of luck with it all! :hug:

This is a great post and very sound advice. I would have repped you for this post but the system informs me I can't rep you again and have to spread my love around a bit, lol.

Latest posts

Back