CND Gel Bond

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aayspa

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I've been struggling to keep crystals etc on nails just by setting in the Shellac top coat so have bought some gel bond to use as an adhesive as saw someone recommend it on here...

I've now got pearls on my nails with gel bond and then top coat and I'm still losing them!

What am I doing wrong? Is there a particular way to use it so they are firmly attached? Sorry if that's a dumb question... I only do natural nails.

Was wanting to start doing Swarovski mani/pedi's but if I can't keep a couple of items on my own nails where I thoroughly look after them then how am I going to keep nails full of them never mind less than careful clients!

Please help x

With Swarovski mani/pedi where the entire nail is covered I've always used resin and not cured in a gel polish/shellac etc, as the top coat effects the clarity of the crystals.

Our salon doesn't offer Swarovski manis as for the cost to the client they just don't wear long enough.

Gel Bond is a pressure set adhesive, therefore you need to apply pressure to what you are adhering with it for at least 15 seconds, you can't just place a a gem into it and leave it to set.

I did apply pressure until they were set and then top coated around everything but still missing half of them! Is there anything better for a natural nail trained only tech?x

Latest posts

Back