CND lamps, 36 or 131 watts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clare1990

Reaction score
Hello nail professionals!!

I have been doing my nails using CND base colour and top coat for a couple of years and always find they peel despite having strong nails. When I have them done at the salon however, they stay on solidly until I soak them off.
I have been told the lamp may be the problem - mine is an Amazon's finest 4 X 9watt bulb, and I know some CND lamps are 131watts (or there abouts). I have also seen some CND lamps that are 4X 9watt bulbs too.... Does anyone know the difference? As I would like to buy a genuine CND light but want to make sure I get the right one!!

Thanks in advance :)

Firstly, have you had CND shellac training? If not, you won't be able to purchase genuine shellac products from a CND Distributor.

Firstly, have you had CND shellac training? If not, you won't be able to purchase genuine shellac products from a CND Distributor.

That isn't strictly true AcidPerm - you have to have nail certification but not necessarily with CND.

[emoji171]

Hello nail professionals!!

I have been doing my nails using CND base colour and top coat for a couple of years and always find they peel despite having strong nails. When I have them done at the salon however, they stay on solidly until I soak them off.
I have been told the lamp may be the problem - mine is an Amazon's finest 4 X 9watt bulb, and I know some CND lamps are 131watts (or there abouts). I have also seen some CND lamps that are 4X 9watt bulbs too.... Does anyone know the difference? As I would like to buy a genuine CND light but want to make sure I get the right one!!

Thanks in advance :)

The only way to ensure you're buying a genuine CND lamp is to purchase via an authorised distributor. Wattage refers to the amount of electricity the lamp uses.

Latest posts

Back