CND loyals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbara Perdomo

JUST SHINE
Reaction score
I have only been using CND products, but I would like to carry a secondary brand (options) and am open for suggestions.

What regular polish?

Gel polish?

Nail Polish wise I don't think you can beat Vinylux so I'm sticking with it.

Gel Polish - I've moved some clients to Gelii (Gel2) from La Palm. I'm also trialling Madam Glam on some really heavy handed clients, it's not a pro brand sadly but I'm loving the product and longevity so far.

Gel Polish - I've moved some clients to Gelii (Gel2) from La Palm. I'm also trialling Madam Glam on some really heavy handed clients, it's not a pro brand sadly but I'm loving the product and longevity so far.
Trin :eek:I'm curious lol why have you tried a non pro product?

I second Vinylux for regular polish, but I also like OPI and certain China Glaze colours.

For gel polish, I use Gelish as a second brand, because it's more hard-wearing than Shellac. I'm thinking of trying Ink London next.
You know it really depends on what you want to get from your polish, how much time they last and their colour range. There really are many good pro products out there, just do a search here and you'll find many of them.

T
R
I
N
I
T
Y
[emoji24]
[emoji24]
[emoji24]

Trin :eek:I'm curious lol why have you tried a non pro product?

I've seen SarahR use it in her YouTube videos, I needed a matt topcoat but CND don't do one, Gel2 were out of stock and I was watching a YouTube video using it so had a look at the website, they had matt topcoat in and a deal on 6 colours for 50% off, so I thought why not.

When swatching them for my pops I absolutely loved using it, it's thick but not gloopy, virtually opaque with one coat, nice shaped brush and comfortable bottle to hold. I liked it so much I took my Gel2 off and put the Madam Glam on there and then....thats a first for me....I usually spend a week building myself up do to my own nails :confused:

It's doing well over my L&P (but then again most things do), it's on two clients, one is having quite bad chipping, one is loving it.

I have only been using CND products, but I would like to carry a secondary brand (options) and am open for suggestions.

What regular polish?

Gel polish?

I just couldn't do it to myself
I've sometimes wondered over to have a look at another brand and then slapped myself silly and come back to my CND brain
I have brought products from enailcouture and OPI and China glaze.
Enailcouture I use but the others nah

T
R
I
N
I
T
Y
[emoji24]
[emoji24]
[emoji24]

Don't you TRINITY!! me....I see little bits and pieces sneaking in your Nail Mail too Missy :p;)

I've seen SarahR use it in her YouTube videos, I needed a matt topcoat but CND don't do one, Gel2 were out of stock and I was watching a YouTube video using it so had a look at the website, they had matt topcoat in and a deal on 6 colours for 50% off, so I thought why not.

When swatching them for my pops I absolutely loved using it, it's thick but not gloopy, virtually opaque with one coat, nice shaped brush and comfortable bottle to hold. I liked it so much I took my Gel2 off and put the Madam Glam on there and then....thats a first for me....I usually spend a week building myself up do to my own nails :confused:

It's doing well over my L&P (but then again most things do), it's on two clients, one is having quite bad chipping, one is loving it.

I feel like I'm in a strange dream reading this

Don't you TRINITY!! me....I see little bits and pieces sneaking in your Nail Mail too Missy :p;)

[emoji12] curiosity ...

There's so much to try lol. I'm now curious to try madam glam

I feel like I'm in a strange dream reading this

I try lots of stuff, I don't often put it on clients, but I try most things. It's a bit of a 'thing' - I hate when clients ask if I've heard of something/brand/style/product/method/etc. and I have to say no :(

So I try lots of new stuff that comes out, I have trial kits of most L&P (as I'm an L&P girl), base & top & cleansers for most Gel Polish and more art stuff than I can shake a stick at. I suppose I see it as my responsibility to be 'current' in the nail world at all times :oops:

Last edited:
I try lots of stuff, I don't often put it on clients, but I try most things. It's a bit of a 'thing' - I hate when clients ask if I've heard of something/brand/style/product/method/etc. and I have to say no :(

So I try lots of new stuff that comes out, I have trial kits of most L&P (as I'm an L&P girl), base & top & cleansers for most Gel Polish and more art stuff than I can shake a stick at. I suppose I see it as my responsibility to be 'current' in the nail world at all times :oops:

I'm easily lead and I brought a few magpies and felt so guilty

I'm easily lead and I brought a few magpies and felt so guilty

Why? Magpie is just as good as Lecente if not better (in my opinion) but half the price. Why would you feel guilty for making informed, wise choices for your business? Lecente isn't CND, it's just a brand S2 have aligned themselves to, could just as easily have been Magpie had they been around first.

My loyalty will always be to CND, it created the tech I am, and the business I have now, but that doesn't mean I won't leave them if a product is better, whether that product is cheaper or more expensive is irrelevant to me, it's about quality. But if that quality is cheaper too, I'm no fool,I have bills to pay too.

I've taken your advice on some of this like files I've tested out other files and I like them more and also tips oh yea I forgot about that one! I brought a massive tray of nsi tips and actually love them more and they were soooo cheap

Im usually pro only but I have to admit that I've tried madam glam too and love it! The application is amazing and the matte topcoat is actually matte, not satin.

Im usually pro only but I have to admit that I've tried madam glam too and love it! The application is amazing and the matte topcoat is actually matte, not satin.

Off to get the topcoat
I blame u

I've taken your advice on some of this like files I've tested out other files and I like them more and also tips oh yea I forgot about that one! I brought a massive tray of nsi tips and actually love them more and they were soooo cheap

Bizarrely enough tips is the one thing I haven't tried any others of....my CND Velocity do my nicely :D

Bizarrely enough tips is the one thing I haven't tried any others of....my CND Velocity do my nicely :D

So expensive trinity compared to others

Latest posts

Back