CND Shellac base coat help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heylynzu

Sparkle nails and beauty
Reaction score
Hi guys. I've been doing shellac a long time and never came across this. I'm not sure if it's a problem with my base coat or my lamp. I've been doing my normal prep and applying base coat very thin as usual and then when I'm going to apply the colour coat (again thin) it's like the base coat is going jelly like and coming away slightly and making it all bumpy. Any help would be appreciated. Don't wanna have service breakdown and lose clients x

Hi guys. I've been doing shellac a long time and never came across this. I'm not sure if it's a problem with my base coat or my lamp. I've been doing my normal prep and applying base coat very thin as usual and then when I'm going to apply the colour coat (again thin) it's like the base coat is going jelly like and coming away slightly and making it all bumpy. Any help would be appreciated. Don't wanna have service breakdown and lose clients x
How many hours do you have left on the bulbs? Is it a new base coat?

The base coat is newish but I've just started to notice the problem - I've reset my lamp back to 100 hrs by mistake but it automatically shuts off when the Bulbs are done does it not? x

No it keeps going. Can you work out if you've done over 100 hours, it may be the source of the problem.

Not sure it would if the timer has been reset early. How long do you think you had left on them? It just sounds like the base coat isn't being cured properly if it's coming off.

I don't think it's the bulbs as I've had another lamp longer and still have hours left on that lamp (I use 2 now) I'll maybe just need to take the hit and buy new bulbs and see if it works - or the new LED lamp ha ha x

Definitely the LED!! I can't believe how excited I am for that to come out lol

I have had the same problem last week with a brand new bottle of base coat, I also noticed the base coat had a very strong smell to it. I luckily had a spare bottle in stock so I have started to use this and this bottle is fine.

I'd say it's a bulb issue.

If I were you I'd contact Sweet Squared in case it's a faulty base coat. Or Ellisons if you bought it from them.

Latest posts

Back