CND Shellac Beginners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouLou Harvey

Reaction score
Hi All

I am enrolled on the CND Shellac Beginners course in Manchester in November. I have been given the choice of the UV or the LED lamp for my kit and I don't know what to do as I have read some bad reports of the new LED lamp on here, however I don't want to go for the UV if this is getting phased out and LED is the future!

What are your thoughts?

Hi, I bought the CND Shellac Colour Wardrobe this included the LED Lamp. After reading reviews I wasn't too sure myself but I have to say it's well worth the money! Clients love it too. Hope this helps x

You know, I'm starting mine on Monday and I just opted for the UV. I'm not worried in the slightest. I think there's still a big call for the UV lamp. The LED mixed reviews sort of put me off slightly. Starting out, I want to make it easy on myself without having issues. Not to mention, that I have put aside that extra expense for extra colours and glitters.

Last edited:
I had the same dilemma last month but went for the LED and I've had no problems so far.xx

The UV lamp will be phased out (not sure when), I have both uv & the LED. The LED is great for speed but terrible for toes BUT I've been directed to purchase a tablet stand from ikea that alters the LED lamp to a better angle for feet. The uv is excellent for feet though and if your just starting out it will probably still take 2 mins to paint your colour coat on one hand so uv maybe the better option to get started - bear in mind uv bulbs need replacing every 99 hours, the LED has 6000 hours until you need a new lamp, so LED is more cost effective. X

But products will still be UV/LED curable for a long while yet...am I right to presume this??

The lady on the phone said that either lamp would cure the product. Just concerned at paying out the extra money for the LED and then having curing problems as per a lot of reviews on here!

I want to use that money to build up on my collection in colours, glitters, Manicure desk, good quality files etc...
The LED lamp wasn't on my priority list.

Regardless of what you choose, remember you are going with CND... you will be offering a quality service to your clients.

The lady on the phone said that either lamp would cure the product. Just concerned at paying out the extra money for the LED and then having curing problems as per a lot of reviews on here!

I use to have the CND UV Lamps, all my clients much prefer the LED one as it looks better, and it's comifier for their hand in the lamp. I've used pretty much all the colours in the new lamp and I've never had any issues with undercuring etc. If there is anyone local to you with the new lamp maybe book in for a Shellac Manicure so you can see it in use first hand. It's honestly so fab. I would say it's definitely worth the money. X

I use to have the CND UV Lamps, all my clients much prefer the LED one as it looks better, and it's comifier for their hand in the lamp. I've used pretty much all the colours in the new lamp and I've never had any issues with undercuring etc. If there is anyone local to you with the new lamp maybe book in for a Shellac Manicure so you can see it in use first hand. It's honestly so fab. I would say it's definitely worth the money. X

how do you find it for feet? :)

I've not had any curing problems in the LED and not heard of any curing probs either? X

I didn't get on with the LED lamp, sent it back & back to my trusted UV lamp.

I prop it up a little bit , but to be honest I'm finding most feet are okay in it. I have the most awkward feet ever and I find propping it up a little helps a lot x
how do you find it for feet? :)

Latest posts

Back