CND Shellac or Calgel training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adelahoya

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the nail industry and considering training in CND Shellac in two weeks time with sweetsquared through the fingertips centre. The salon I will be working in at the moment do calgel - as do a lot of local salons in Scotland, I wondered if shellac is becoming less popular due to calgel?
Should I choose calgel instead? I love the colours shellac offer and the naturalness of it .. But what do clients want?
Any help appreciated .. New to this so please be nice :) many thanks x

I trained with Shellac over 4 years ago... it's still as popular now the training was great there are also different training course you can do after you have completed the initial training, there so many colours to choose from, I've never worked with Calgel so I can't comment on that side, good luck with your decision making.

Hi, I am new to the nail industry and considering training in CND Shellac in two weeks time with sweetsquared through the fingertips centre. The salon I will be working in at the moment do calgel - as do a lot of local salons in Scotland, I wondered if shellac is becoming less popular due to calgel?
Should I choose calgel instead? I love the colours shellac offer and the naturalness of it .. But what do clients want?
Any help appreciated .. New to this so please be nice :) many thanks x

Shellac is a hybrid gel polish and Calgel is a soak off gel, so each system is very different from the other.

I offer both so if an option I'd train with both as they are 2 totally different systems

Many thanks for your replies :)

Latest posts

Back