code of ethics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherryblossom

Reaction score
hi can any one tell me what the code of ethics is?its for my assignment at college ive looked on the internet and text books but cant seem to find anything on this please helppppppppppppp........

I agree with above iv searched every where but cant find a code of ethics for manicure pedicure on natural nails
and Acrylic extentions

if any one can help......... Iv seen a one for beauty

not for nails

Hiya,
Right its a bit long! code of ethics is a set of moral principles and rules of conduct that must be followed at all times. All profeesional associations have their own code of ethics that members are expected to abide by to ensure that standards of the profession are upheld.
THERAPIST AND CLIENT
The primary obligation is towards the client, and at all times the therapist must practise their skills to the best of their ability, the comfort and well being of the client must always have priority. consultations, assessments and treatments should be carried out with the full consent of the client, parent or guardian. Any knowledge or information gathered during consultation etc must not be divulged to anyone with out the client's consent, except when required by law. Do not deliberately mislead or make false claims.
HTH
x galaxy x (ps,there is more but i havent got time to finish at the mo!)

galaxy said:
Hiya,
Right its a bit long! code of ethics is a set of moral principles and rules of conduct that must be followed at all times. All profeesional associations have their own code of ethics that members are expected to abide by to ensure that standards of the profession are upheld.
THERAPIST AND CLIENT
The primary obligation is towards the client, and at all times the therapist must practise their skills to the best of their ability, the comfort and well being of the client must always have priority. consultations, assessments and treatments should be carried out with the full consent of the client, parent or guardian. Any knowledge or information gathered during consultation etc must not be divulged to anyone with out the client's consent, except when required by law. Do not deliberately mislead or make false claims.
HTH
x galaxy x (ps,there is more but i havent got time to finish at the mo!)
Believe it or not, years ago I along with J. Jefford wrote a code of ethics for nail professionals that was part of the 'package' when one joined the INA. Don't know what has happened to it ... Or the INA for that matter ... lost in the mists of time?? One does/did exist. We probably need a new one.

hi i have just done this assignment for my college course glad to say i got an a+:o .
i also had great difficulty answering some of the questions. i found out the answer in SNVQ level 2 beauty therapy book, went and brough it especially!!! page 41-42 for code of ethics, also you may want to know that the most of the answers if not all are in this book i'm doin the vctc nail technology certificate and it was helpful to me.

I am sure if you look in jacqui Jeffords the Nail encyclopedia she has professional ethics in there:biggrin:
is that any use
It is a fabulous book if you havent already got it

Latest posts

Back