Colour change nail polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missgiggles

Reaction score
to cut a long story short we have a a lady here today ( using our stud dog ;) )
anyway her nails looked really nice and they kept changing different colours has she was sat there ! I asked her what it was , and all she said to me is the nail polish changes with the body heat?

does anyone no of the name of this? thanks

found it nah girls :)

Please let us know what this product is?

Hi ladies, i have recently come across a product called 'Del Sol' and it turns clients' nails a different shade in the sunshine. Maybe this is what Missgiggles has seen? It's apparently coming to the UK soon but can't find any UK web site yet :rolleyes: Hth xx

Yep - colour changing enamel when exposed to uv light.
Bought some in the USA 3 years ago (the girl told me it was made by OPI??) - some good colour combinations - mine are still ok to use now!

I used to have this a few years ago in my salon and the clients used to love it. The stuff I had was Toma Mood Changing Polish. The range was huge. I don't know if they still do it.

It changed with heat rather than UV light, which meant sometimes your nails would be one colour and the next another colour. Sometimes your nails were two tone with the heat on the nail bed being different to the free edge.

They were fantastic, but in the end my clients got bored of it and I sold the left over stock on Ebay!

ive found it ! it's called Claire's mood polish. i could only get it from ebay , its from america cost about £6.58 including p&p !

it changes colour is warm water , and cold water , as well as your body tempurature. ive watched reviews on them on you tube :)

I'm going next April to Florida so these are on my list to get from Claire's - they do a gorgeous pink/purple one called Calm/Wild which if you have a long free edge is really cool because you get a two tone french effect with pink and a purple tip which looks lovely and they are about $5 but they usually do a BOGOF offer in there, I got lots of polishes last time I was over there :)

thats the colour is choose ! lol

Hi all,

Del Sol colour changing nail polish is available in the UK! It's fantastic and is well worth trying!

I bought my polishes from www.inspirationail.com but they are a few other sites selling the polish.

Hope this helps :)

Debs x

i think its only polish ,

Actually you can get it in a gel.

A friend of mine went home and came back with it on this week (she isn't from the UK).

She had a beautiful purple colour on her nails that when she put a hairdryer on they turned candy floss pink!
I have an appointment with her on Saturday so hopefully she will tell me all then so I can spread the word. I do not think it is sold in this country though as my friend isn't from the UK and after hours of searching have found nothing on it being sold over here :mad:

P.S sorry if I hijacked the thread if I find anything I'll post on a separate topic

Last edited:
@Nail Effect - that sounds like it's thermochromic (changes colour when exposed to to heat) rather than Del Sol which is UV photochromic (changes colour when exposed to UV light). Del Sol is in polish form - we haven't heard about any gels that change colour - do come back on and tell us more when you know.

@weezie & @daisydebs - Thanks :)

We're offering Geek Members a discount of the Del Sol Range for one week starting today, just use the promo code "Geeks Rock" at checkout and you'll receive 10% off each bottle.

@moderators - apologies if this isn't the correct place to post this, send us a message detailing where it would be appropriate to let interested members know about our Geeks discount offer.

Del Sol Range

@Nail Effect - that sounds like it's thermochromic (changes colour when exposed to to heat) rather than Del Sol which is UV photochromic (changes colour when exposed to UV light). Del Sol is in polish form - we haven't heard about any gels that change colour - do come back on and tell us more when you know.

@weezie & @daisydebs - Thanks :)

We're offering Geek Members a discount of the Del Sol Range for one week starting today, just use the promo code "Geeks Rock" at checkout and you'll receive 10% off each bottle.

@moderators - apologies if this isn't the correct place to post this, send us a message detailing where it would be appropriate to let interested members know about our Geeks discount offer.

Del Sol Range

What a nice surprise to get offers to only Nail Geek members.
Great idea.

I can't wait to get some thank you! :hug:

Latest posts

Back