Colour changing polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mary mc nails

Reaction score
Hi all do cnd shellac have a thermal colour changing polish? ....

No but Gel II have reactions gel polish in over 15 colour available from The Creative Beauty Group (official distributers) x

Thanku claire ....my work colleague came in today and said it was cnd shellac ...It did change colour under warm water ....so not cnd shellac then ....mmm ...x

Definitely not, unfortunately a lot of nail technicians use 'shellac' as a generic term for gel polish. We need to educate people on the differences. If using Gel II Reactions you can cure in your CND UV lamp just use their full system of pep (Gel II Cleanser) products and use their Gel II 'French Pink' as a base coat (Gel II has no base coat but reactions are harder to remove so a 'base colour' is recommended) and Xtreme shine top coat. I find reactions colours harder to remove and I've done the Gel II training. It removes very differently to CND Shellac. I hope that helps xx

Brilliant claire ....love ur knowledge ...im jealous ....just a newbie me ...I was suspicious .....im cnd fanatic....thanku again ☺

Hi S2 do a colour changing nail polish it's called Ruby Wing ....it's Made with SolarActive Technology, each shade changes colour in direct sunlight and then changes back again once inside.....she may have meant this x

Last edited:
Hi thanku for that ..its a dark blue/green colour ....do cnd still supply ruby wing iv not come across it yet .....cheers girls x

Wanted dead or alive is a teal blue colour going into a darker blue? X

Hi CND do a colour changing nail polish it's called Ruby Wing ....it's Made with SolarActive Technology, each shade changes colour in direct sunlight and then changes back again once inside.....she may have meant this x

The question was about Shellac and correct me if I'm wrong but CND Shellac don't do a colour changing power polish. Isn't Ruby Wing just a normal polish? X

Ruby Wing is an entirely different brand, they do make a color changing polish but is not affiliated with CND Shellac, which does not make a color changer;

LeChat is a professional brand that makes an excellent line of color changing polishes called the Mood Collection. Nice formula, easy to remove.
http://www.lechatnails.com/pmcolors.htm

Last edited:
So .....in a nutshell ...cnd shellac do not do a colour changing polish .....?☺is that so ? ....thanku girls x

The question was about Shellac and correct me if I'm wrong but CND Shellac don't do a colour changing power polish. Isn't Ruby Wing just a normal polish? X

My apologies I know that shellac don't do a colour changing product! I was commenting quickly thinking shellac and put CND not S2 now rectified! I thought that maybe she may have meant the colour changing nail polish ruby wing as I said nail polish on my answer ....

Last edited:
Thanku claire ....my work colleague came in today and said it was cnd shellac ...It did change colour under warm water ....so not cnd shellac then ....mmm ...x

She may have meant bluesky as this range does a thermal colour changing polish and unfortunately a lot of people say that bluesky is shellac even though it's not ....so hazarding a guess I reckon it could be this she was talking about and if it is I wouldn't recommend x

Latest posts

Back