Colour/product help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannah7

Reaction score
Hi
Wondering if anyone can help.
I've got a client who has got 2 damaged sections at the top of her hair either side of her parting that had faded to a blonde.
She is 100% white and I normally use 6.52 and 6 Majirel and have done for a while and never had a problem. But the damaged hair doesnt seem to be holding the colour and washes straight out after the full time.
This has happened the last couple of times doing her hair.
In the past she has had colour fade but the tint has always taken all over.
She said she is doing conditioning treatments and now is using a heat protector.
My question is what can I do? Or suggest for her to do?
Any help would be great.
Thanks

It's either an issue of coverage and/or the cuticle layer is too damaged in that section.
You can try pre-softening with developer.

If the cuticle is blown, you'll need to use something with larger molecules to stick to the outside so a Demi or preferably, a Semi to cover it. Coverage will be more translucent rather than solid and I always think this looks far more natural on someone with 100% white hair anyway.

Could you make it into a feature highlight?

Olaplex, silk pillowcase, Moroccan oil

It's either an issue of coverage and/or the cuticle layer is too damaged in that section.
You can try pre-softening with developer.

If the cuticle is blown, you'll need to use something with larger molecules to stick to the outside so a Demi or preferably, a Semi to cover it. Coverage will be more translucent rather than solid and I always think this looks far more natural on someone with 100% white hair anyway.

Could you make it into a feature highlight?

Thanks for the reply.
I did say about making it like highlights but she just doesn't like it!
Maybe I will try a semi as never had a problem with coverage before on her hair! I think the hair is so damaged from straightening, sun and the air con is on st her work full time! All these things do t help!!

Once the cuticle layer is damaged, the scales are effectively missing and so there's nothing you can put onto the hair to remedy the problem.

Olaplex only works on the broken bonds in the cortex. It's not a conditioner and won't affect the cuticle layer.

But it definitely will help, and it's a starting point for a solution

Latest posts

Back