Coloured Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooie

Reaction score
Good evening :)

I have just completed my first day of my foundation course to becoming a nail technician.

I was told by the trainer today that coloured gels are dangerous so they don't supply them.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks
Amanda

WHAT !!!!!!

did she give you a reason as to why she thinks this....?

The only thing i can think of is that you cant see the natural nail so dont know if there is anything nasty growing......dont do colored gels (yet) but would be intrested to know why she thinks this.

Who is your training with.... ?

How was your first day apart from that ..... did u enjoy it...?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

Colored gel is certainly NOT dangerous! what a load of twaddle! Which company are you training with??

This trainer maybe needs an update on her knowledge herself. Colored gel and L+P are huge right now the company your training with need to get with the programme!

Hi Angie,

Thanks for your reply.

Thats exactly the reason she gave, she said that you can't see an infections that may develop.

I have to be honest, I'm not sure I chose the right place to train.

The trainer was so negative, just kept saying you dont make much money in this industry and saying that she didn't like some of the products in the range etc.

I'm training with Associate nails using the Ciate range. You can only buy clear and french gel and they don't sell nail polish, nail art only the very basic essentials!

Not really impressed :-(

Ahhh bless ya....been there and its so disheartening....dont worry. Get from the course what you can, do some practice then when you can get some more training with a different company. You CAN earn money doing nails as long as you are good and i am sure with the right training you will be great. You are already questioning things that dont sound right so you are obviously intrested in getting it all right...and that a good thing.

From what i know about some colored gels is that you only rebalanced twice b4 soaking off and doing a fresh set so if there was any problems you would soon know about it. Like i said i am not too clued up with colored gels so i may be wrong.

Take what you can from the course and any problems we are all here so dont be afraid to ask for help.

Best of luck hun xxxxx

Ahhh thanks Angie,

it is a bit disheartening especially when you don't have a lot of money, I have saved hard and worked all hours to pay for this course and I wont be able to afford nother one for quite a while.

On the positive side tho, the trainer may not know what shes talking about too much but she did do a fab job on putting extensions on and the girls I'm training with are lovely :)

Can you suggest a good gel conversion course for future reference? :)

x x x

I can ....Creative ... Brisa. I love it and the training was brill. You could ring Designer Nails and they will send you some info.

xxxx

Hiya!

I use coloured gels all the time, most clients use them for a holiday or when they need a non chip colour for a couple of weeks.

As everyone has said before they are not dangerous at all and as my clients have it removed at their next appointment, I get to see anything nasty then.

I'm in Berks, PM me and let me know where you are and where you were trained (I've not heard of the company before).

My initial training wasnt brilliant but taught me the basics. I set myself up as a mobile technician almost straight away when gave me loads of practice which made me inquisitive about how I could improve things. I then found this site and chose better products and did conversion training with them.

You'll be fine, just takes time and thats the same for everyone.

Just saw your Q re gel conversion.

Brisa is fab so I hear but I've converted to IBD which is lovely, get on really well with it.

It does depend on whether you want to be using coloured gels yet or not really. I would definitely recommend Creative for any training and Brisa is a fantastic gel to be using but I also use IBD cos they have a great range of colours and I have no problems with their gels either.
I also know a couple of techs that use Professionails gel and they stock a good range of coloured gels too and apparently their training is very good and reasonable too

Hi there Mooie,

Firstly, welcome to a great site, and don't worry about going to train with the wrong people if thats what you feel you have done - happened to me too, I trained with about 3 companies before going to Creative (where I learned more in the 4 day foundation course than I had learnt on all the otheres put together). I don't regret any of the training I have done though - I think its all been helpful in some ways. There are some very good training companies out there and if you have a good search on this site you will be able to work out which are the best to go with. When you think you have made a decision it's always worth asking the rest of the geeks their views. Good luck. xx

Hi Debs,

I did my manicure and pedicure course with pronails and I agree they are very good. Wish I did my gel course with them to!

I did a 1 day course with pronail to get to know their products and i liked their colored gels especially to do cool designs. I personally prefer nail polish to cover the entire nail, it's easier to change and over gel it stays for very long.

Latest posts

Back