Confident spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vixon78

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have just attended a sienna x tanning course. When do you feel confident and think you are ready to charge people?? How much practice do you think I need to do? I have never done anything like this before so would really appreciate advice. X

I'd practise on a few friends and family however it's not difficult so I'm sure you'll be fine
Good lighting, gun set right and an even coverage. I prefer to do 2 light sprays but many do one

I'm new to tanning also, done my training in July. I did around 8-9 practice tans then started charging as I wanted to start making money. I still have my moments when I'm not very confident though, I just don't show it though [emoji4]

Hi I also trained with Sienna and if you've just done the Level 1 course I highly recommend you also do Level 2 as you get a lot more time to practice and ask questions. I left about a 3 week gap in between the 2 courses, when I did friends and family for free to practice and asked them all to send photos the next day of any 'problem areas' and be very honest with feedback. This is the only way to really build confidence and know what you need to improve on. They say you need to do about 10 spray tans to feel confident to start charging and this is exactly the point at which I felt I could charge. I did do a couple of paying clients before the '10 tan' mark and didn't do a great job and got some negative feedback so I regretted it! hope that helps

Tanning is so easy... I was spray tanning clients for months before I went on my first course after being shown by a colleague and it was so easy... obviously you need to perfect the hands and that is the most important part of spraying for me because it is the most obvious sign of a fake tan... It is difficult to do the hands as a beginner so once you perfect the hands you will be flying. Do some practice clients and keep your gun down really low.

Tanning is so easy... I was spray tanning clients for months before I went on my first course after being shown by a colleague and it was so easy... obviously you need to perfect the hands and that is the most important part of spraying for me because it is the most obvious sign of a fake tan... It is difficult to do the hands as a beginner so once you perfect the hands you will be flying. Do some practice clients and keep your gun down really low.

What do you mean by keeping the gun down low?

Its advisable to do some practice spray tans before you open up to paying clients as you will be able to see how the spray tan develops on different skin types and perhaps have experience of things maybe going a bit wrong - it happens to us all sometimes and better with family/friends than a paying customer. Arrange to see the person the next day so that you can see the results of your spraying and get feedback from the person.....some people will find it very easy to spray tan whilst others will struggle, mainly with the confidence aspect and getting their technique right. As Ash so rightly says turn the spray gun down and keep the flow of solution low - you should only use 40-60mls of solution per spray tan, the rest is waste and is part of your profit!
Good luck and happy Spraying!

I did 15-20 x

Hello which sienna x fluid is most popular please ?

Latest posts

Back