Confused about GEL versus SOLAR versus ACRYLIC nails!!!...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, pinching gel has me puzzling too. If you do it
- before it is cured, it would just spring back before you put it in the lamp
- if you pinch as you cure you would probably have the tweezers embedded wouldn't you?
- If you pinch and let go after freeze curing, it would pull gel away from the area you were pinching/would flatten the gel in this spot. Mayb add more gel after?
- if you freeze cure and then pinch, wouldn't it create micro cracks?

I'm not planning on pinching, but would be really interested in a reply. xx

I see, thanks for the explanation. I like my nails to be very short but with a very wide white tip.

My nails can go 2 weeks... but then they will be getting way too long for my taste and if I file them shorter it will make my white tip too narrow... I love wide white tips. So every 2 weeks I want to have my white tip completely removed and replaced with a fresh white tip extension.

But you are saying that most people don't do this and once the initial white tip extension grows out... the tech would draw the white tip on free hand with acrylic rather than glue on a new fresh tip extension? I don't want this! I LOVE the tip extensions because they are PERFECT and would rather have a fresh new tip extension replacement :)

But do you think it will damage my nails if I always remove the tip extension every 2 weeks and replace with a new tip extension?

When your nails grow out and your go back for a rebalance they cut them with the tip cutters if you want the length back, which wouldnt narrow them. (not sure why you like a wide nail but hey!!- each to their own!!) the nail should ideally be the same width all the way up.

The tech will apply white acrylic when doing a rebalance as your nail would have grown showing natural nail in the gap underneath the white. A rebalance (white and pink acrylic re done after filing and thinning out the enhancements) will create the same effect as when you had the tips first put on so no need for a soak off and a new set! and if your tech is good and experienced then your nails will look just as good as when you had them first done (basically a rebalance makes them look like a whole new set again) a good tech can do a good smile line so it wont be imperfect or wobbly etc!

When your nails grow out and your go back for a rebalance they cut them with the tip cutters if you want the length back, which wouldnt narrow them. (not sure why you like a wide nail but hey!!- each to their own!!) the nail should ideally be the same width all the way up.

The tech will apply white acrylic when doing a rebalance as your nail would have grown showing natural nail in the gap underneath the white. A rebalance (white and pink acrylic re done after filing and thinning out the enhancements) will create the same effect as when you had the tips first put on so no need for a soak off and a new set! and if your tech is good and experienced then your nails will look just as good as when you had them first done (basically a rebalance makes them look like a whole new set again) a good tech can do a good smile line so it wont be imperfect or wobbly etc!

What she meant, and explained when asked about it, wasn't the width but the length of the free edge.

I have never had the length reduced with tip cutters, its only ever been filed back. Unless they are newly applied tips being reduced prior to the L&P or gel being applied of course.

:hug:

Suely cutting with tip cutters to shorten the length at a rebalace would create little micro fractures in the enhancement, which would weaken it. I've only ever used my file to shorten them. xx

I think it might do more than that, I would think it would split the enhancement completely and maybe even damage the natural nail as it forced the sides of the enhancements upwards?

I wasn't taught to use them during a rebalance so I dont know.

:hug:

here in the states when a client requests solar nails they are referring to pink and whites.
I hate this practice, because solar nails is a brand, like NSI, or Young Nails, or any number of others which come in pink, white, clear, and other colors as well. It infuriates me that the schools here also refer to it that way instead of educating the client. Solar nails brand IS beautiful, but VERY strong odor. I do not personally use it. Also gel can come in a liquid or a powder. Personally, I think the powder is easier to work with, but the liquid settles prettier.
I agree with the previous poster tho, that the product does not damage the nail, the tech does.

Hey sweetie, PM or email me (nsutthoff-at-gmail-dot-com). Where in Florida are you? I might be able to refer you to an awesome tech local if you are in the Palm Beach County/Broward County area.

Nancy

There are some places in Florida that refer to "solar nails" as being gel, when its an L&P system.. yeah, I know its B.S., but there you have it. Its usually NSS. Saw it all the time, especially down in Miami.

Hi Juliet,

This is the first time I have replied to a post, but I wanted to tell you that yes, Bio Sculpture is an excellent product. I have it on my nails right now. It is a healthy, low profile nail treatment that does not require a drill to be used. If you decide to discontinue the product for whatever reason--you are able to have it soaked off in as little as 15 minutes and your nails will still be in great condition.

Oh, and you can easily have those white tips you desire put on in a variety of ways with this product.

There should be a link on the Bio Sculpture Website where you can contact someone to ask where you can locate a tech. Don't give up!

Hi
Solar oil is a product you use to maintain your enhancements. Also gel and L&P ie (acrylic) will not harm your nails as long as they have been applyied and removed by a pro nail tech. Good luck in finding a good nail tech in your area.. xx:)

Latest posts

Back