Converting a normal desk into a nail station?Any ideas please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkleberry

Reaction score
Hi! Ive not been able to find any salon furniture from regular beauty wholesalers/distributers etc, that fits my theme and decor that Im thinking of going for. However, have found the most amazing desks that would be perfect for both reception and nail stations (Im hoping to rent out to nail techs), however, obv, as theyre not intended for salon use theres no extraction units in them. Im not a nail tech myself, so dont know a huge amount on the subject:confused:, however Im pretty sure that Id have to have them? Im hoping that perhaps you can buy the extraction units sep and somehow have them put in?Or is that just not poss?!!!Any ideas or suggestions please?!Thankyou:)xxxHmmm-also wondering whether I should have posted this on the nail forum?!

Hi sparkelberry...

I have a colour theme running through my office, beachwood. Every thing is beachwood. No nail table I could find came in beachwood, they were all white or black, so I have a regular little work desk with draws attached in the colour that I want and I've dreshed it up with my towels and glass and fan and other parafanalia. My extractions are set up in the ceiling in a very open plan office space.

What I recommend is you test the tables you are interested in for comfort and ease of use. You don't want a table so large you have to break your back to reach your clients hands :)

I think it would be a good idea to take a nail tech with you to try these out....

They may look really nice but they have to be the right height/width/length to sit at and do nails for any length of time xx

Ah thankyou both for your replies!Doh-I didnt think of height/width etc!Though the style I want comes in desks and dressing tables, so there is a variance on width and the heights are slightly diff too!Hmmm.....I dont know why put I was under the impression the extraction units had to be built into the nail station:o-at least all the stations Ive seen had this! Yes-I think I shall be taking my nail techy friend with me good idea!Though Im assuming if I find it comfortable to do a mani from, it should be ok for a tech hmmmmm! I may not even go for this theme yet-Im just trying to sourse out potential bits n bobs!Thanks again for your help!xxx

Well I could sit at my dining table and do a manicure.....but could I sit at it for 8 hours doing nail enhancements.....probably not......thats sounds a bit sarcastic, its not meant to be lol

Take her with you & dont forget the chairs are very important too xx

lol Champagne-I get what your saying, I didnt take it sarcastically!Techy friend it is then haha! Though I think shed find even your dining table more comfortable than what shes currently used to!(shes mobile and does nails on just about every surface you can think of!)It just didnt even cross my mind that they would be different measurements to proper nail stations-ye stupid eh?!!!!Doh!Thanks again!xxx

Lol I remember it well, kneeling on the floor, kitchen worktops, conservetory funiture.....hang on a minute............ this doesnt sound too clean does it lol

Latest posts

Back