corrector pens

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundial

Reaction score
Hi all, am I being really stupid here but you know the corrector pens you can get for tidying up polish are they supposed to be wet when you but them as I have ordered one and it arrived, I opened it and it felt wet when I touched it , yet when I came to use it on my sister after trying to do a french manicure it was bone dry, is it a dud or are you supposed to dip it in nail varnish remover, I am sooo sorry if this sounds mental:irked:

sundial said:
Hi all, am I being really stupid here but you know the corrector pens you can get for tidying up polish are they supposed to be wet when you but them as I have ordered one and it arrived, I opened it and it felt wet when I touched it , yet when I came to use it on my sister after trying to do a french manicure it was bone dry, is it a dud or are you supposed to dip it in nail varnish remover, I am sooo sorry if this sounds mental:irked:

i had one and yes it was wet and you dont need to dip them into remover.

personally, i dont like them for the simple reason that once u use thema few times, the colours stain the tip and they look horrible. i prefer to use a cotton bud or an old nail art brush dipped in polish remover. they always look clean and so much easier to use and replace.

I've got one and with spare nibs in the lid so keep a separate one for dark polish as it does stain them. When it's dry I just give it a good shake....... not sure if yours is the same as this.

Thanks for that, I think I will try and give it a good shake and see what happens, Im not overly keen on them either, think I will take emma's advice and use an old nail art brush and neaten them up with that, :wink2:

I bought one from from the first show I ever went to a few years ago now.
Mine is still 'wet' even now.
I dont use it very often now but when I do if I use it on dark polish I just dab it on a tissue straight after, then its clean again.

Ive got one where you take the end off & fill it with Nail varnish remover

I bought one of these about a month ago. Unfortnatly mine doesn't seem to have worked very well even from day one, it has never been very wet. Glad that I bought one and tried it, don't think I will again though. I think that I will follow advice that I have read on here in other threads saying to use a small clean brush dipped in Scrubfresh, this is said to be very effective.

rjryan said:
I bought one of these about a month ago. Unfortnatly mine doesn't seem to have worked very well even from day one, it has never been very wet. Glad that I bought one and tried it, don't think I will again though. I think that I will follow advice that I have read on here in other threads saying to use a small clean brush dipped in Scrubfresh, this is said to be very effective.
Ohh thanx for the tip, shelley xx

rjryan said:
I bought mine from creative and it is bone dry and I havent even used it yet, when I took off the lid it was wet so I replaced the lid tightly so I dont know what happened, dont think I will bother with another one.

I have try them but don't use them any more but from what i know some u have to press on the tip for the liquid to flow.If its completely dry see if the top can be removed like a pen u can then pour polish remover in and recap.

Tricia

Make sure you store them with the tip downwards so that the remover can flow into the nib. You should clean it between clients, most of the colour will come out if you gently wipe it on a lint free pad.

Sassy Hassy said:
Make sure you store them with the tip downwards so that the remover can flow into the nib. You should clean it between clients, most of the colour will come out if you gently wipe it on a lint free pad.

oooh yes I forgot about that thanks, that's what Dominique told us, mine's an LCN one

Suzie.e said:
oooh yes I forgot about that thanks, that's what Dominique told us, mine's an LCN one

Well how spooky!! So are mine! Mind I tend to use nailfresh and a brush now, it gives better results IMO, but they are fab retail items so I always keep some in stock!

I didn't realise until yesterday that scrubfesh removes polish - found out by mistake when using it on someone I wondered what all the brown stuff was on the pad - it was my nail polish!! I thought she was bleeding!!

Latest posts

Back