Council Axes its Sunbeds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

number1kitty

Reaction score
Burnley council have removed all their sunbeds from there leisure centres in light of the recent scares surrounding them.

This decision is shortly being followed by Pendle (all in Lancashire) and perhaps other areas.

What are your thoughts on this? Do the general public have a right to decide for themselves whether or not to use the beds.

People know smoking is bad for your health yet they still do it despite the larger and larger font they use to display the killer messages.

I go on a sunbed once a week to keep my excema under control, and I like it! I love shutting myself off for 15 minutes with the warmth of the bed and the feelgood factor acheived afterwards. SORRY! lol! :green:

I know sunbeds used frequently = bad. And I defo agree to tighter regulation.

Is this a bit scary for sunbed salon owners? If the councils are removing beds from their leisure centres how soon before the sunbed shop has to hidw behing blacked out windows and be banned from advertising alltogether, or at the very worst be shut down!

Kate x

Burnley council have removed all their sunbeds from there leisure centres in light of the recent scares surrounding them.

This decision is shortly being followed by Pendle (all in Lancashire) and perhaps other areas.

What are your thoughts on this? Do the general public have a right to decide for themselves whether or not to use the beds.

People know smoking is bad for your health yet they still do it despite the larger and larger font they use to display the killer messages.

I go on a sunbed once a week to keep my excema under control, and I like it! I love shutting myself off for 15 minutes with the warmth of the bed and the feelgood factor acheived afterwards. SORRY! lol! :green:

I know sunbeds used frequently = bad. And I defo agree to tighter regulation.

Is this a bit scary for sunbed salon owners? If the councils are removing beds from their leisure centres how soon before the sunbed shop has to hidw behing blacked out windows and be banned from advertising alltogether, or at the very worst be shut down!

Kate x
The councils across the country have been removing sun beds from their leisure site for years and years now ..rightly or wrongly :hug:

The councils across the country have been removing sun beds from their leisure site for years and years now ..rightly or wrongly :hug:

See I don't frequent public leisure centres out of choice so never noticed lol!

Typical then that Lancashire make a big deal out it years later lol!

Latest posts

Back